Alright, help me out with room treatment

xFkx

gain induction
Mar 3, 2008
Poland
www.myspace.com
So, finaly fired up Room Eq Wizard, calibrated the mic and the soundcard, here's what i've got:

pomiar_1.jpg

There's a null at 85 Hz that i want to get rid off..

There's also this bump at 35 Hz, but I don't know if anything can be done about it. It's like the reverbant frequency of my house, each time the sweep passes this frequency it's like the whole house comes alive (vibrates) :D

The Room is more or less 3x3x6m (h,w,l)

It's the room I live in so there's a bed, a closet full of clothes and a bunch of other stuff.

I've got some treatment here in there but it has more to do with higher frequency, with the low stuff I guess bass-traps are the answer, dunno.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/roomeq/

If you don't have a SPL meter, you'll have to find the freqency response graph of your mic of choice, and then type it in a calibration file. Anywho, to download it you'll have to register at that strange board, but it's essential anyway becouse this software is really mind boggling at first glance :loco:

this software is really mind boggling at first glance :loco:

Maybe now that this has surfaced again here I might have a go at it. The instructions for this are fucking horrid. It would be nice if there was a simplified step by step tutorial for dumb asses.