Room treatment advice...

Binary Encoded Sunset

Of Cryostorm
Dec 3, 2010
UK
Hey everyone...

I need some room treatment advice.

I have my studio set up in my lounge and a 2x12 cab set up in the bedroom.
The bedroom is an attic conversion and has sloping ceilings. I've got the cab right next to a wardrobe and on the other side is the slope. It's facing a bed.

Here are some shit phone pictures i just took to give you a blurry idea.

Photo-0135.jpg

2 x 12 Harley Benton G12 Vintage (Cheap source of vintage 30's!)

Photo-0137.jpg

View from Cab

Photo-0138.jpg

Overall room.

What advice would you guys give for these angles? How bad is this room for guitar recording?

Thanks alot!

need the dimensions of the room and with some online calculators you should be able to determine the room nodes on your own. Once you figure those out you can build some bass traps and recalculate. I'm going to make an assumption though that you're not recording real drums here, and you're only recording guitars live. If this is the case you're much better off just throwing a blanket over your amp or running straight in, considering the fact that the guitars are the only thing being recorded in the "live room".

need the dimensions of the room and with some online calculators you should be able to determine the room nodes on your own. Once you figure those out you can build some bass traps and recalculate. I'm going to make an assumption though that you're not recording real drums here, and you're only recording guitars live. If this is the case you're much better off just throwing a blanket over your amp or running straight in, considering the fact that the guitars are the only thing being recorded in the "live room".

I don´t think a room calculator will help here... The room is shaped too oddly for that. Those online calculators only work in rectangular rooms. If I were you, I would build some broadband absorbers and experiment with the placement.