Also my first attempt at (kind of) dual-mic'ing (AND: NEED 2nd 57)

Good sounding stuff, I will say that your amp and cab are easy as hell to get a good tone out of. That being said, I did do some messing around in the studio and I will agree that the bottom right speaker of that cab sounds (I think) slightly better that the right. You going to experiment with any of the upper speakers?

It's got quite a bit more low end meat than the original (5150 vs Recto will do that, though), but otherwise I really dig it, and think it'd work great in as dense a mix as Accelerated usually has going on!

Thanks Jeff! I may have overdone it slightly with the bass knob on this (bringing it up to *gasp* 11:00!! :lol: ), but that's easily remedied! Then again, it is a low-mid focused amp in general, but that's what I love about it! I didn't realize AE was 5150 though, interesting...

Rick, thanks man, and yeah, I'm planning a huge speaker experiment in the next few days; specifically, opening up the cab and swapping the bottom row with the top (annoying cuz Mesa solders the leads to the speaker terminals, rather than those little quick-clips :Smug: ), cuz I'm pretty convinced the bottom row will always sound fuller than the top (in a slant cab, of course), and this will let me find out once and for all!

As some others said i think it's a tad overgained.

About the fizz well it's a 57 and once a mix i think it will work and won't be really noticeable.

I got a question though...

Did you mic both speakers the same way (same position) ?

Because both clips sound VERY different, so if that's just a speaker difference then i'm quite surprised at how different 2 speakers from the same cab can sound...

Yeah man, for awhile I didn't really believe it either, but it's true, the mic was in the same position for both (in fact, it might've even been a bit closer to the dustcap on BR, believe it or not) Celestion must have some pretty shitty standards of production! And I agree about the fizz not being a problem in a mix, though I'm kinda feeling like many people on here aren't used to it because they work with ampsims and impulses all the time ;)

Yeah man, for awhile I didn't really believe it either, but it's true, the mic was in the same position for both (in fact, it might've even been a bit closer to the dustcap on BR, believe it or not) Celestion must have some pretty shitty standards of production!

Thanks for the answer. Again i'm really surprised at HOW different they sound. Like they had a totally different mic placement or something...
I'm curious to hear of the other Sneapsters who are used to compare different speakers while miking their cabs notice that much of a difference...

And I agree about the fizz not being a problem in a mix, though I'm kinda feeling like many people on here aren't used to it because they work with ampsims and impulses all the time ;)

I agree on this (and i'm pretty new to this as well, kinda noticed the 57 "fizz" while a/b-ing the tone i would get with 57 instead of a condenser mic or something), and i think most of the standard metal guitar tones have that kind of fizz going on.
Not to mention that we're used to hear HP/LP/post eq-ed guitar tones as well...

Thanks for the answer. Again i'm really surprised at HOW different they sound. Like they had a totally different mic placement or something...
I'm curious to hear of the other Sneapsters who are used to compare different speakers while miking their cabs notice that much of a difference...

Oh yeah dude, to name a few, Lasse, James (TheShred), and Mark (MetalJonesy) have all posted speaker comparisons with similar results - it's pretty much a universal property of guitar speakers! (at least Celestions)

I agree on this (and i'm pretty new to this as well, kinda noticed the 57 "fizz" while a/b-ing the tone i would get with 57 instead of a condenser mic or something), and i think most of the standard metal guitar tones have that kind of fizz going on.
Not to mention that we're used to hear HP/LP/post eq-ed guitar tones as well...

Well actually, this is High/Low-passed :D I could've gone lower, but I kept it at ~10k, cuz it seemed like a good balance

Oh yeah dude, to name a few, Lasse, James (TheShred), and Mark (MetalJonesy) have all posted speaker comparisons with similar results - it's pretty much a universal property of guitar speakers! (at least Celestions)

I remember checking one of those threads back then but the difference didn't strike me as much.

Well actually, this is High/Low-passed :D I could've gone lower, but I kept it at ~10k, cuz it seemed like a good balance[/QUOTE]

'ight

Sooo....Marcus.....if you could now just run AE's Nebula sine sweep through THIS dual mic setup (or make it yourself)...that could be sweet! *hint hint* ;) :D

Haha, sure Mark, though unfortunately the Rectifier power amp seems to behave a bit...uniquely; I love the tones I get when it's coupled to the preamp, but by itself for impulse generation, I'm happy with the results but I'd rather have a Peavey! (never thought I'd say that! :heh: )