alternative to alesis trigger i.o. for live use

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
howdy doody sneapians.

my drummer is looking for a trigger unit that he can load his own samples onto and that has inputs for triggers (1/4 inch or xlr) and a stereo output that can go straight to the desk.

otherwise if we go for the alesis trigger i.o. it means being that, ddrum trigs, computer and a decent outbox.

if we can remove the computer and outbox from our list it would make looking after our gear a lot easier.

there must be something on the market. like usb that we can upload our samples onto it and pan them (like toms accordingly) and have a stereo out straight to the desk.

a link would be sweet!

yea thanks xFkx and alan1990 but im trying to eliminate the need for a computer when gigging. im sick of having my macbook beside the drum kit, it freaks me out.

thats why im looking for a hardware based trigger unit without the need for a computer after it to actually process the triggering.

The problem with the DM pro isn't so much finding one, its old technology it uses for memory IIRC, so getting that plus loading samples may become an issue...do some research on that first, see if you can find a manual

I don't post alot but I have had 2 DM Pros and now have a Trigger I/O for good reason. About the DM Pro, you can trigger your own samples sure but it's loaded on an antiquated card using their antiquated software. It's slow, clumsy and, well, old! Why have I had 2 DM Pros? Because they've both broke down and are unrepairable. There's a watch battery inside for memory that they chew through quite a lot that's another issue. I would steer clear of the DM Pro and suck it up and use a D5 or go my current route with I/O, interface and laptop. I don't know anything about it but doesn't Slate have maps for the Roland TD units? That's some big money there though. Good luck!