Alesis DM5 Trigger: NEED HELP!

TheCrestfallenDrummer

New Metal Member
Dec 29, 2011
Hi! I'm a metal drummer who play in the bands The Crestfallen and I Am Legion. I use a DM5 module to trigger my kick. It works OK and I'm ok with it. Now I want to take it a step further, as both my bands are using so called "sub drops" or "bass drops" in our music.

My question is: Can I somehow make my DM5 Module produce a bass drop? My idea was to somehow "install" a bass drop sound to the module and then connect a normal electronic drum pad and connect it to the DM5 to produce the signal. So when I hit the pad, the DM5 produce a subdrop.

Is this possible? Can I connect the DM5 to the computer, install my bass drop sound, DISCONNECT the computer from the DM5 and then have a bass drop? Can I store my own sounds in the DM5 without having anything connected to it while playing the sounds?

Please! I need help!

But still.... can I put my own sounds into the DM5? Can I save them into the DM5? Or Do I need a computer or something to play the sound from while im on stage?

But still.... can I put my own sounds into the DM5? Can I save them into the DM5? Or Do I need a computer or something to play the sound from while im on stage?

using your own sounds is only possible with the pro version where you can put in some kind of card.
loading your own samples is not possible in the standard version of the dm5.