HOW TO USE SLATE SAMPLES LIVE

Arcay

Dec 19, 2006
Santiago de Compostela
Hello guys!

You think about it would be possible and effective to use the slate drums samples through an Alesis Trigger i | O, and a pack of ddrum triggers?? other configurations?

Thank you very much in advance!

I'm sure it's possible but I've never used an Alesis I/O for it. When I get drummers that want me to help them set this up, I have used a 2 channel interface and drumagog set to "live" mode to trigger samples.

I'm gonna ad a question here which might point any possible discussion in the direction of my own inclination..

Who here thinks they would 'go to' Slate samples in a live setting, IF you had those.. AND a all the D4 or DM5 samples to choose from?

(with the alesis pro model i believe you could have this option with the least fuss? but.. it's the most expensive option too I think. A used D4 (I found one $160 AUD :) ) or DM5 is far more usefull and probably not that much more than a plain new I/O)

yeah great.. I have both. They're some of my favorite things. I wouldn't bother with the trouble of trying to use slate samples live though.. you're reinforcing a real kit through a shitty PA in most cases. I just can't see the room vibe and detail of the character of Slate samples translating well enough to bother going to the trouble.

I've heard EZ-Drummer live, and it surprisingly wasn't that bad.... Slate samples might sound decent.