am I the only 1 here who lovez Blaze Bayley..

Originally posted by |ngenius
...until Harris (maybe blind and scared by the absence of money?)

You hit the nail right on it's head there. Shame the rest of the post was crap :D

And Lefty you quite obviouzly aren't the only Blaze Bayley fan around. We on the BLAZE BB aren't there to discuzz pyromaniac tendenciez you know :lol: :lol:

Yeah Maiden were at their best with Blaze on vocals and Janick Gers taking almost all guitar duties. Fuck Number of the Beast and Somewhere in Time, give me Virtual XI anyday. Maiden should never have gone back to Bruce because Blaze is sooo much better, and his side burns are well trendy. And just listen to the intro vocals on songs like The Clansman where his vocal range is as smooth as silk, and the poetry-like lyrics he wrote to Man on the Edge! Iron Maiden finally were at the top of their game, and then they go and do something dumb like getting rid of Blaze.

OK bye now - I have to return to the planet Earth.

BLAZE is one of the greatest live bands at the moment!!

LONDON GARAGE, UK
Wednesday, February 13

"I was on Top of the Pops! Playing METAL!" bellows Blaze Bayley as "Man on the Edge" slides out of the speakers. Its a touching, hilarious, bizarre and victorious declaration, but Blaze's performance tonight indicates just how far the man has come physically and vocally since his days fronting the UK's only chart-bothering metal band.
Although denied the arenas he commanded in the 90's, he still works the stage like a pro, even one this cramped. His crowd rapport is masterful (its great to hear those rousing "metal in out hearts" speeches in an English accent), and still rocks out like a man dangerously possessed. Showcasing instant and powerful tunes from the forthcoming "Tenth Dimension" alongside "Silicon Messiah" faves ("Born as a Stranger" in particular goes down a storm), three Maiden songs (the aforementioned "Man on the Edge" plus "When two worlds Collide" and "Futureal"), and Wolfsbane-era closer "Tough as Steel", Blaze are a world-class, no-bullshit British power metal band. Glory Be.

KERRANG review

Former Wolfsbane and Maiden man promotes his second album

BLAZE BAYLEY is one of those people you can't help but want to succeed. Having been unceremoniously dumped out of Iron Maiden when Bruce Dickinson had worked himself out of his artistic crisis, the determined Tammworth veteran put a new band together and named it after himself. He then recorded to albums and vigorously toured europe (like Paul Di'Anno, Bayley knows that having once been in Maiden has assured him of a career in Germany and Belguim).
Tongith's gig is actually a support slot with old school pomp-metallers Savatage, but Blaze makes sure the most of it, slamming straight into opener 'Leap of Faith' (from his new 'Tenth Dimension' full-length) and following it up with the title track of the 'Silicon Messiah' album. It's cheesy at times, with banter like "Lets hear your metal hearts" punctuating almost every other song, but all thats forgiven when Blaze plays Maiden's 'Man on the Edge' (introduced with "I was on 'Top of the Pops' playing this song") and the highlight of the night, Wolfsbane's 'Steel'. The man's a ball of energy, constantly jumping round and leaning over the crowd - and his bandmates don't let him down either, pulling all the metal poses in the book.
What with the change of venue for this year's Ozzfest, perhaps it's time for some "Blaze for Donnington" requests?

B L A Z E
KB MALMO, Sweden
Thursday, January 17

By Anders Sandvall for Metal-Rules.com

The year 2002 kicks off with Blaze and headliner act Savatage.
When it comes to the band Blaze it is as much metal as can be. The start of the tour was at KB in Malmö Sweden. The band Blaze starts as support act to Savatage for about one month through Europe. After that they starts their own headliner tour.

Jeff Singer (drums), John Slater/Steve Wray (guitar), Rob Naylor (bass) and of course Mr. Blaze Bayley on vocals. The band Blaze entered the stage and ran over the audience as a run away train. Even if there was little space on the stage because Savatage had a lot of equipment. The Blaze band was wild. All the four in the front moved around and slammed into each other. The guitarists John and Steve impress on me very much. Both share lead and solo guitar. Even Rob on bass and Jeff on drums keep steady hand on the metal accompaniment. Even Rob is a great stage-personality in a cool way. The band Blaze has been much tighter as a group since the first tour they did after the first record "Silicon Messiah".

Blaze Bayley is just as crazy on stage as he used to be, jumps around and is everywhere at the stage at the same time and he also wants the audience to jump up and down. Blaze is also a big stage-personality and he seems to be happy and enjoy being with his new bandmates. The whole band seem to enjoy being on tour again.

The concert was short,about an hour,because they were opening act to Savatage. We heard three new songs from the new album "Kill and destroy", "End dream", "Tenth dimension". This was real heavy metal as it shall be I liked the songs very much. Blaze can't help playing some Iron Maiden songs. The same happened tonight. He played "Futureal" and "Man on the Edge". The music is almost as good as in Iron Maiden. They also played songs from the debut album "Ghost in the machine", "Born as a stranger" and the title track.
Blaze invited us to sing along with him in "Born as a stranger", "Man on the edge", "Tenth dimension". It was even spontaneous sing along in "Futureal" and "Ghost in the machine" The sound was perfect not to loud nor to high, everyone in the band was heard.
The audience was not so many this premiere night. 250 were and there is space for 750. The audience was in from the start when the band went on stage. The band Blaze's metal stands in quality and I like them very, very much. I look forward to their next visit as headliners. Then they can play longer and give us extra credit- songs compared to this show .
I got a little chat with Blaze. He told me that after this support-act tour Blaze is going to headline on their own. They also want to play at "The Sweden Rock Festival" this summer in Sweden. The headliner tour probably comes to Sweden in December this year. Blaze is a very nice person, no bad manners at all. Every one who wants to talk to him or his band is welcome. Blaze even went round among the audience. Not many rock stars do so.

T e n t h D i m e n s i o n R e v i e w s

"crunch meets meoldy – thats how Blaze Bayley describes the direction he and his band wanted to go to on their new album. With other words : it had to crush your brain, please your ears and also fit modern standards…and that’s what TENTH DIMENSION does.

Of course Bayley cant deny that he has been through the song writing school of Steve Harris and Janick Gers. And with KILL AND DESTROY, LEAP OF FAITH and the title track there are three driving anthems that show that he was an apt pupil. The album concluding track STRANGER TO THE LIGHT reminds me of maidens classic HALLOWED BE THY NAME, also the band surprises with thrashy parts ( SPEED OF LIGHT ), modern composisions ( END DREAM ) and even combines swinging elements with pantera-like riffing ( NOTHING WILL STOP ME ).

All this makes TENTH DIMENSION an album that doesn’t get boring, that rocks and that really heads into the direction the band wanted it to sound like. Fans of modern interpretated NWOBHM vibes have to buy this album"

Andreas Schöwe 6 / 7

Source: Metal Hammer (Germany)