Am I the only Emperor fan who thinks that Prometheus sucked?

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Wrath of the Tyrant : Great songwriting and the worst production ever. But it was just a demo so no harm.

Nightside Eclipse : Couple really great songs. Vocals too buried in the mix. Even Ishasn has stated that Nightside is NOT a black metal anthem, critics bashed it up until Emperor started to become popular and gain recognition. Then every one hailed Nightside as the greatest album of all time. Its not.

Anthems : Many more great songs and better production though some things get buried here and there but nothing major.

Equilibrium : Great production, great songs. Still my second fave.

Prometheus : Great songwriting, great songs, beautiful production, owns all your asses. A masterpiece. Period. You dont like it then dont listen to it. End of arguement.

You forgot the self titled MCD, their half of the ensalved split. great songs and what i think is an awesome cold produciton.

Anthems is the best emperor, but prometheus is right behind it.

Prometeus is very good, and the productions rules, but it´s not enough! They haven´t catched the same classic Emperor atmosphere which I liked them for since Anthems... It´s their third best album though :)

by the time they did promethous ishan just wasn't in to it you can tell, he is the one who wanted to end it. it sounds like samoth put all of his best riffs in to zyklon and they just through promethous together. yea it is boring i heard it quite a lot and it was just shit (then again emperor's shit is great by others standards) but i didn't like it at all. there was no way that they could do another anthems....

OK. I do find it strange that you like CoB and not Prometheus. Personally I am not a fan of CoB, but I love Pormetheus. Maybe I should be asking myself that question in reverse . . .

I never found anything appealing from any of their records. Well the last one was a good try. If Ihsan spent more time with the last emperor record it could've been special. Like "The Eruption" is damned good but they have a lot of boring moments on the cd. It would be interesting to see him pick up where he left off with Prometheus under Emperor or maybe another entity. He had good ideas but they didn't come out like they should've. Everything before that record is a layer of mess with a clear and listenable keyboard part layered over the mix. The drums are impressive but this band is by far overated.

Originally posted by Dionysos
Btw, LordFireworm: Emperor have a board on this forum..... why didn't you post this thread there?:confused:

Hmmmmm...
Maybe because I started this thread before the Emperor forum was started.
Jesus.:rolleyes:

to sadude : theres something you did not understand yet aperently , which is that emperor is a black metal band. who say black metal say extreme metal so if you cant listen to that genre , fine but emperor still wear their name like a glove as the emperors of black metal and if you really want to hear a real "mess" listen to the 1st mayhem album and after that you could try to do that kind of coments again. this is not becase you didnt found anything appealing in a band that its overated.