Amaranthe's new single, "Hunger" video now online (Elize = hot)

**Comment DELETED** That being said, the keyboards totally kill that song for me - and the RORORO vocals don't exactly help. But once it hits the prechorus/chorus I quite enjoy it, and the solo is pretty sweet. Has potential, but overall I don't genuinely like it. I'll check the album out though.

Please note that I am friends with the band and they do read this forum. I will not allow personal insults (intended or not). Not cool at all.
-Glenn

There's plenty of live videos of them on YouTube. Check out for yourself. The band sounds good live.

What AR said.

On a small stage, the 3 singer thing could get logistically problematic, but I just LIKE having the different voices going at different times - hell, it is like Leaves' Eyes with a clean male vocal thrown in.

No - I have not flown to Europe to catch them... wish I could. Aeonic - you had a vaild question, and I am curious to see how they work it out as well - my original comment was as a "listener" and not as a concert viewer.

I agree that the video is kinda silly but the song kicks booty. Very catchy and I actually like the 3 singer structure. It's different is metal enough to catch metal listeners and pop enough to possibly attract a wider audience. It's odd but I think it works. The only thing I can see it turning people off with is the death vocals or the technoish vibes from the keys, but I like all of that.

Is this for real?
To me it looks like a band put together by a record label or (even worse) a tv network.

"Hey, we need a girl who looks like pretty and can be a little bit dirty" - sure thing, here you go.

"How about a guy with dreadlocks who can appeal to the alternative audience?" - duh, we have one of those right here.

"Can you throw in a mean looking dude who can growl a bit?" - one step ahead of you, already found him!

"Nice - all we need now is to get hold of Britney Spears' songwriter to write some catchy easy-listening, easy-forgettable stuff and a good producer and we're ready to go"

- hold on, how about we make a video that looks like it came right out of one of those movies you'd see in the theaters?

"Brilliant - we have a winner!".

Bubblegum :)

Is this for real?
To me it looks like a band put together by a record label or (even worse) a tv network.

"Hey, we need a girl who looks like pretty and can be a little bit dirty" - sure thing, here you go.

"How about a guy with dreadlocks who can appeal to the alternative audience?" - duh, we have one of those right here.

"Can you throw in a mean looking dude who can growl a bit?" - one step ahead of you, already found him!

"Nice - all we need now is to get hold of Britney Spears' songwriter to write some catchy easy-listening, easy-forgettable stuff and a good producer and we're ready to go"

- hold on, how about we make a video that looks like it came right out of one of those movies you'd see in the theaters?

Maybe.

But the music is catchy, it's of good quality and it probably will still sell a lot.

But you might know it better than me.

But the music is catchy, it's of good quality and it probably will still sell a lot.

Oh, absolutely. It's catchy as hell and it will sell by the bucketload. Whoever came up with the concept of this band was pretty damn smart.

But you might know it better than me.

Naah, there's a LOT of things I know better than you my friend, but in this case I'm just goofing around ... It SOUNDS and LOOKS very "pre-constructed" to me, but it might be a "real" band of friends who got together under the right circumstances and just happened to have the right looks for it, and just happened to find all the right things to make it look and appear this way ;)

Oh this is a real band. As I am friends with several members myself. This band was something Jake, and Olof have envisioned for some time. Jake of course has his own band DREAMLAND, and Olof has DRAGONLAND who just signed to AFM Records. The project is something that fit neither of their other bands niche so they decided to create this project.

It's catchy as fuck, and regardless of how good Elize looks she is a fantastic singer. Theres a reason why Kamelot keeps bringing her out on tour.

I'm just happy to be along for the ride!

Here's a question: do you think it's going to sell enough to recoup the insane costs that must have been incurred to go to Denmark and live there recording in Jacob Hansen's studio for months on end and shoot a video that looks like it cost over 15,000 euros while (in all likelihood) making Spinefarm pay another 10,000+ euros to pay for the Kamelot European tour + promotion and marketing when they don't (and probably won't) have a US release (which means less worldwide albums sold than if they were to release it in the US)?

The band is taking a massive risk here. If this album flops, they run the risk of this rollercoster crashing hard. It's hard to really know if this record will do well either because as I said before, there are so many of these bands nowadays doing the same thing that have already claimed a good chunk of the marketshare quite some time ago. Another Deadlock, Sonic Syndicate, Dead By April, etc etc etc etc will be much more difficult to break in now than 5 years ago.

It's not impossible. It's most certainly within a decent realm of possibility that Spinefarm will get their money back and then some -- otherwise they wouldn't have made the investment in the first place. But still, I can't help but feel skeptical, even still.

Ya its totally the full package from a general stand point. Sick HD video, great production, catchy, and not to mention the she-vocalist looks like THAT, and she can actually sing. There really isnt much to say, that most of us cant already speculate as far as how they put the band together. Seems like this is a band all in for decent catchy music and lots of CD sales via image and $$$$/help behind it... and they will probably be succesful. But this band is NOT just starting. there is something awesome going on behind the scenes somewhere, and good for them.

just take a lesson and drop the dirty vocals. runins it for me and alot of people that have heard this. learned that one the hard way already.

Here's a question: do you think it's going to sell enough to recoup the insane costs that must have been incurred to go to Denmark and live there recording in Jacob Hansen's studio for months on end and shoot a video that looks like it cost over 15,000 euros while (in all likelihood) making Spinefarm pay another 10,000+ euros to pay for the Kamelot European tour + promotion and marketing when they don't (and probably won't) have a US release (which means less worldwide albums sold than if they were to release it in the US)?

The band is taking a massive risk here. If this album flops, they run the risk of this rollercoster crashing hard. It's hard to really know if this record will do well either because as I said before, there are so many of these bands nowadays doing the same thing that have already claimed a good chunk of the marketshare quite some time ago. Another Deadlock, Sonic Syndicate, Dead By April, etc etc etc etc will be much more difficult to break in now than 5 years ago.

It's not impossible. It's most certainly within a decent realm of possibility that Spinefarm will get their money back and then some -- otherwise they wouldn't have made the investment in the first place. But still, I can't help but feel skeptical, even still.

I would bet money they know someone who knows someone that sub funded some stuff, that has more money than sense. and also how could this not at least break even? I know friends of mine that would just freak out if they had the chance to meet her regardless of a video or her voice. they would just be sitting there drooling over what her ass looks like looking up at her on stage! HAHAHA that right there is the begining of some live ticket sales. seems to me like they took a lesson from Charlottes deal last prog power :)

Wonders aloud.. so, if Elize was fugly, would you all give the band, as a whole, more credit? IMO, it seems as if some feel that when a band's music and/or image is "too poppy, mainstream, or bubblegum" that they aren't as credit-worthy as musicians.

~Jen

I know friends of mine that would just freak out if they had the chance to meet her regardless of a video or her voice. they would just be sitting there drooling over what her ass looks like looking up at her on stage!

Thats sad. I have never been into the whole "OMG SHES HAWT" mentality. There are plenty of attractive people on this planet....so what.

I remember watching Epica, and I wasn't that into them, and there was this oober fanboy behind me drooling over Simone. I was watching him more than I was her and getting a good chuckle. The guitarist threw a pick which I caught. What did I do? Gave it to the kid who acted like he had just won the lottery. I was glad to make him happy....I don't wanna imagine what he did with the pick later on that night! ;)

Thats sad. I have never been into the whole "OMG SHES HAWT" mentality. There are plenty of attractive people on this planet....so what.

I remember watching Epica, and I wasn't that into them, and there was this oober fanboy behind me drooling over Simone. I was watching him more than I was her and getting a good chuckle. The guitarist threw a pick which I caught. What did I do? Gave it to the kid who acted like he had just won the lottery. I was glad to make him happy....I don't wanna imagine what he did with the pick later on that night! ;)

HAHA awesome! I bet you made that kids night.

I mean though think of my age and my friends age. She (or any other hot singer) is immediately going to attract a male (ha or some female) audience from basically puberty to, what, I dont know, their late 20s? My first cd ever was leanne rhymes because i though she was hot when i was what 7 years old? haha mom got it for xmas, i couldnt tell you what song was on the cd, but rather just looking at the booklet.

I mean they are very talented musicians either which way you swing it. Had I not seen her sing at prog power last year i probably would have been NAHHH her voice is just produced, which is very judgemental and poor on my behalf... just being honest. But when you ahve a video that looks like that, sounds like that, with people in it that look like that. Lots of people are going to try and point a finger and lots of people will eat this shit up. they are already making people debate the video which is getting people talking. They are winning right now.

Haters gone hate, while amaranthe have bigger things to do :)

Wonders aloud.. so, if Elize was fugly, would you all give the band, as a whole, more credit? IMO, it seems as if some feel that when a band's music and/or image is "too poppy, mainstream, or bubblegum" that they aren't as credit-worthy as musicians.

Unfortunately, women are rarely allowed to be "fugly" in the music business nowadays. I mean, most people who saw Susan Boyle wouldn't give her the time of day.

Image is always going to be a part of the music business.

~Jen

not at all, at least from me. but it will become an assumption of many. Kevin has been listening to this CD for a little while. Its pretty good! :)

I think the hottness just helps moniteraly in the long run, book em for prog power and half of my friends will be there in the front row drooling hahaha much like they were when delain was on.

Is this for real?

Someone sounds bitter that they didn't think of it first. LOL!

All kidding aside, its alright for what it is. Who cares what others think, do what you do. "Raise it up a flagpole and see who salutes it." -LEMMY from Decline of Western Civilization Part II.