Amazing new band: Oblique Rain

Belligerent

Greekus Urungus
Mar 15, 2006
The Low Low, IL
www.myspace.com/ObliqueRain

Recently came across these guys and I am blown away. No reason for any Katatonia/The Foreshadowing/Rapture fans to not like this.
They have a very unique songwriting approach and the vocalists high pitched screams remind me of Chris Cornell at times.:zombie:Weird? No, afraid not.
Check these guys out.

Man I shit my pants.That's fuckin great!I've been waitng for sth. like this for so long:) That Daniel Cardoso man is a genius.He has a band with Garm called Head Control System.(one of my favourite bands actually)

Truly a great fucking band so far aren't they? That's just from the 3 songs I've heard on myspace and I'm already addicted. If I can find this CD I'm buying it. Head Control System is next on my list to check out!

We've just uploaded a new song on our myspace player.
Mixing and mastering duties for the new album are finally concluded and the result is as you can hear by listening to "Darker Woods", which is a beautifully ambiental reverie.

Click to listen: http://www.myspace.com/obliquerain

"October Dawn" playlist and song titles will be as follows:

1 - Soaring Alone
2 - Out There
3 - Soul Circles
4 - Absent Awry
5 - Reminiscence
6 - Inanity
7 - Spiral Dreams
8 - Dawn
9 - Darker Woods

More news about artwork and release dates will follow soon.
Regards

This is good, but I'm tired of this kind of music at the moment. Not tired of Katatonia though..need more!

Thanks for the comments guys.

I will not deny our Katatonic influences.
It would be a problem if we were ripping off something from them which is not the case. Besides, our music is much more than just Katatonia based.

Being influenced by Katatonia is a sign of good taste :headbang: