Ambient similar to Burzum

Master_Yoda77

Juggalo
Mar 30, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
I'm looking for ambient music similar to the ambient works of Burzum, more specifically, the tracks "Tomhet" and "Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der Singularität". Just simple stuff with synths, and pads.

Listen to the ambient albums created by Ildjarn. They aren't really the same thing, but they do use only synths. Landscapes was released as Ildjarn, and Hardangervidda and Hardangervidda Part 2 were released under the Ildjarn-Nidhogg name. Even if you dislike his black metal music, these sound literally nothing like it.

If you like Ildjarn's music, you should probably also check out Biosphere because he was probably the biggest influence on these albums.

Omni-->I love Ildjarn but I have never bothered to check out this ambient works aside from the two tracks on Strength & Anger.

CC-->I am quite familiar with Vinterriket already. Great band, but not exactly what I was looking for.

Ildjarn stuff with Nidhogg is incredible. This is almost exactly what I was looking for.

Any others similar to this style of ambience?

I'd wager that Biosphere is Ildjarn's biggest influence when it comes to ambient music, although his music contains sounds beyond keyboards and sometimes has beats. Substrata is an amazing album.