American festival

Hell Mike

fuck melodic black metal
Aug 22, 2003
Norrland
www.nasheim.se
I THOUGHT SOMEONE MIGHT BE INTERESTED:

Saturday June 10th : The Alehorn of Power Festival

Double Door in Chicago, IL is pleased to announce the lineup of the first annual "Alehorn of Power Festival" which will take place Saturday, June 10th, 2006. Intended as a showcase of some of the finest American epic, classic, and doom metal from around the country, the lineup will bring together six exceptional bands for this legendary event. You are invited to raise your alehorn high and quaff deeply from it as you purvey this devastating lineup which includes:

* Manilla Road (Wichita, KS),
* Slough Feg (San Francisco, CA),
* Bible of the Devil (Chicago, IL),
* Winterhawk (Chicago, IL),
* Twisted Tower Dire (Richmond, VA),
* Gates of Slumber (Indianapolis, IN).

Tickets will go on sale Monday, February 13th, and will sell for $12 in advance from the Double Door box office and Ticketmaster or tickets can be purchased for $13 through paypal at rawsquadbooking@yahoo.com. Admission will be $14 at the door the night of the event.

FUCK ME

this on a day of a mandatory graduation rehersal... maybe I can craft some sort of dummy out of barrels and t-shirts.

:kickass:

They've got Winterhawk on the bill?? One of those bands where I've heard a few songs, loved 'em, but never got the album. I should fix that.

Haha, Manilla Road back to back with the almighty Slough Feg. I'm seriously tempted to do this....jeebus, just MORE money out the door.

This is going to be a BEER + METAL type fest, hahaha....

Who knows Winterhawk? Is this the best place to start?

Winterhawk.jpg

fotmbm said:
Tickets will go on sale Monday, February 13th, and will sell for $12 in advance from the Double Door box office and Ticketmaster or tickets can be purchased for $13 through paypal at rawsquadbooking@yahoo.com. Admission will be $14 at the door the night of the event.

That's awesome by the way. Not only is it cheap as hell, you also have the option to paypal directly and skip ticketmaster fees. Good on 'em.

How much is a regular ProgPower ticket this year by the way?

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Yea I could probably make it to this if money permits. Anyone familiar with Bible of the Devil and/or Winterhawk?

I saw Bible of the Devil supporting Slough Feg. They're old school, lots of melody, and quite a few slowed down tempo moments (I remember they had one song that had a mid-section interlude dangerously close to that of Master of Puppets).

Good band, but hard to say on one live performance.

I speculate but based on the line up alone, this festival is going to be lots of fun. Good, loud, beer drinking, old school heavy metal. No prog, no growls, no keyboards -- just lots of marshall stacks and '59 Gibson les pauls.

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Manilla Road?

Probably.

SLOUGH FEG, though!

Dick Sirloin said:
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Manilla Road?

Probably

Probably not.

They're a real acquired taste. I mean, considering they play US heavy metal (nothing more, nothing less), they still only draw a small select cult audience.

I have "Crystal Logic" and all I remember about it was that the vocals were grating and the last song rips off Yes's "And You and I".