AMERICAN IDOL HAS GONE TO FAR!!!!!!

I hate it when they change the lyrics.. even if it's just one word.. and they raped the song, yes..

She started out with a couple of false notes, but i think it was pretty good after that actually..

ThatGuitarGuy said:
meh, it was okay...kind of wrong to change it like that.

One thing I like about this version of "idol" is the live band...so...bravo for that at least.

But it still sucks lol.

With guitar harmonies too! And no Simon! Definitely better. :kickass:

Kazrog said:
Tacky. She's a good singer, but this is just horribly tacky.

I met Brian May once, really down to earth, cool guy. QUEEN fucking ruled. :headbang:

I used to run sound at Imperial College, where Queen got their break. Saw him around the area quite a few times but was too intimidated to go talk to him, he's been a god to me since I was 8. :worship:

About the video, anyone who over sings on a Queen song can just piss off and die....

Ruined..? She said the most important thing at the begining of that clip: 7 minute song- becomes a 1.5 minute song.

Maybee im just biased for having watched that series of Idol (yes i watch it ! OMG! ). She's a damn fine singer, and one of the best performers in Aus that i've seen, even compared to the signed artists i've seen on TV down here.

I just dont see what the big deal is and how she "ruined it"

elmuchoescadawg said:
How to turn a classic into a caberet version and totally strip it of any emotion or original meaning in one easy step.

Meaning? Freddie himself always used to say the song wasn't really about anything, that it was just random stuff strung together.

Personally I thought that was just a horrible choice of song. If you're gonna do Bohemian Rhapsody, you go through the whole damn song, and you go through it good 'n' proper. Even Queen didn't do the "operatic" mid-section live, they played a tape track, coz they knew they just couldn't pull it off live.

I don't even think it's Queen's best song or anything, it's just the kind of song that you just can't cut up like that. In that context, there are plenty of great Queen songs that would be more appropriate on a show like that.

IMO

Meh bad song choice or not, it is aussie idol but shes a new zealender by the sound of it.

AUSSIE, NEW ZEALENDER, USA, AFRICAN what ever the fuck, the shit should die.

Its glorified, telecasted kareokee.

It fucken went to far when it existed.

THE END.

DNW said:
Meaning? Freddie himself always used to say the song wasn't really about anything, that it was just random stuff strung together.

I wasnt specifically on about that song more what shows like this have done to a number of great songs. Its the nature of the shows to dumb it down and make it digestable.

Even so the original has a certain emotion to it thats lost on this version.

ThatGuitarGuy said:
meh, it was okay...kind of wrong to change it like that.

One thing I like about this version of "idol" is the live band...so...bravo for that at least.

But it still sucks lol.

Doesn't American Idol use a real band? I remember seeing a clip of Simon blaming "the band" for a poor performance.

Actually, I KNOW they have a live band. The drummer was on the cover of a recent Modern Drummer.