AMERICAN IDOL HAS GONE TO FAR!!!!!!

Well I've heard much worse than this. I don't particularly mind cutting in this song. I don't mean to upset anyone, but Queen admitted they had like 3 or 4 unfinished songs and just glued them together to get 'bohemian rhapsody'. It has always sounded like just that to me. I like queen, but I personally don't think it's one their best songs.

What I find more offensive is for some chick named Lucie Silvas to do an awfully shameless cover of a heartfelt classic like Nothing else matters. Of course she completely oversings it. Besides, just the idea of redoing that song tells me that she doesn't 'get it'.
What's next, Christina Aguilera yodeling through a 3 minute November rain? Beyonce showing off her annoying vocal wank chops with a cover of Tears in heaven perhaps?

Christina, Beyonce, if you read this: these were not meant to be inspiring ideas.

MKS said:
Doesn't American Idol use a real band? I remember seeing a clip of Simon blaming "the band" for a poor performance.

Actually, I KNOW they have a live band. The drummer was on the cover of a recent Modern Drummer.

I dunno...maybe they do now? From the few (so I guess I don't have accurate information) times that I've watched it, they just had a backing track and no band.

Maybe in the latter parts of the thing they have a band.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" isn't even Queen's best song. If she sang "The Show Must Go On", then there'd be reason to be angry.

Sometimes I want the people on those shows to sing songs I really like. Then I realize that all that would happen is they would butcher them to shit.

Hammer Bart said:
What I find more offensive is for some chick named Lucie Silvas to do an awfully shameless cover of a heartfelt classic like Nothing else matters. Of course she completely oversings it. Besides, just the idea of redoing that song tells me that she doesn't 'get it'.
What's next, Christina Aguilera yodeling through a 3 minute November rain? Beyonce showing off her annoying vocal wank chops with a cover of Tears in heaven perhaps?

I just checked out the Lucie Silvas video. MY EARS EXPLODED AND MY EYEBALLS JUST POPPED OUT AND BROKE MY MONITOR. Had to throw my speakers out the window. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH fuck me dead.

That's weird, because when I watch the french version of this, usually in the final stages of this "competition", the singers, male or female, are just insanely good and you end up forgetting the songs they perform and just are amazed by their talent. At least I am...

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
That's weird, because when I watch the french version of this, usually in the final stages of this "competition", the singers, male or female, are just insanely good and you end up forgetting the songs they perform and just are amazed by their talent. At least I am...

You must be a singer. :D