VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
http://www.live4metal.com/usa6.htm

American Metal Column 6
By: Scott Alisoglu

The year 2003 has been a good one so far. The interviews to date have been quite interesting, even the rough one I had with Anthrax’s Scott Ian. In fact, Live4Metal exceeded a thousand unique site visitors in a day for the first time recently, in part due to the Anthrax official website linking to the interviews with Ian and singer John Bush. So I guess it was worth it. Oh yeah, I still haven’t heard the new Anthrax album. That’s a goddamn shame. Perhaps most fun is writing about many of America’s undiscovered bands in Metal USA. As always, please feel free to e-mail news and other information on the U.S. metal scene to Live4Metal68@yahoo.com Send your bands’ CDs to Live 4 Metal USA, PO Box 2578, Topeka, Kansas, 66601, USA. Keep those horns up!

Vehemence I figured we’d start off with a Vehemence update. Ah yes, the Arizona band that brought you the violently macabre epic, God was Created. Why a Vehemence update you ask? Well, because they just played some dates with thrash metal legends, Nuclear Assault, and I wanted to know what guitarist John Chavez had to say about it. So I sent him an instant message and asked him. That’s why. Here is what John had to say. “Vehemence would like to thank Nuclear Assault and All That Remains for the great times we had together throughout our six day run in Texas and New Mexico. Nuclear taught us a lesson in some old 80's thrash and what it means to be absolutely metal. All That Remains pounded out their songs with absolute defiance and we couldn’t ask for a better tour package.” http://vehemence.brutaldeath.net/

Deicide The Floridian unholy ones will be touring the U.S. with Amon Amarth, a package that I will not miss. You shouldn’t either. It’s a great combination of American brutal satanic death (Deicide) and melodic Viking death (Amon Amarth). I’m looking forward to this one. Vehemence and Behemoth are also on the bill. According to news from Earache, the band is currently working on new material in anticipation of a summer release. In a recent Earache e-mail newsletter, drummer Steve Asheim was quoted as saying, "Christians beware, Deicide will be hitting the U.S. highways this March through April for a tour with some brutal bands from Europe, so fans in the states should check their local listings and come out for the carnage. Fans in Europe should listen out for word on summer fest appearances by the band as well.” More information can be found at www.deicide.com and www.amonamarth.com