American review of new live album

"extraordinaire Janne Warman" :lol:

"the metal medley before "Downfall" is a thing of absolute beauty" true

"And if you haven't heard Children Of Bodom yet... what the hell is wrong with you?" :lol:

"Buy Something Wild right now!" good choice

Didn't agree with the review. I'f you are a fan, and have seen them live, buy it. If you don't know anything about them, get Tokyo Warhearts first.

Didn't agree with the review. I'f you are a fan, and have seen them live, buy it. If you don't know anything about them, get Tokyo Warhearts first.

Yeah, I agree with you in the sense that Tokyo Warhearts is great, but it is an American review, and looking at the preferences of American metal fans, they'd most likely take a liking to Chaos Ridden Years over TW.

wow that album and the dvd were amazing... but i'm sure a lot of the good audio was edited, that's why it took them almost a year to release it

Yeah, I agree with you in the sense that Tokyo Warhearts is great, but it is an American review, and looking at the preferences of American metal fans, they'd most likely take a liking to Chaos Ridden Years over TW.

I'm from Canada which is close enough to American. Children of Bodom got me into different types of metal. In my younger days I loved classic rock and still do but without CoB I wouldn't listen to Death, Lamb of God, Nuclear Assault, Sinergy or Impaled Nazarene. Tokyo Warhearts was great, Chaos Ridden Years is awesome too. I say, if you like AYDY better than their other albums or have only hear AYDY, get C.R.Y. first.

I am American, and first of all, FUCK GEORGE BUSH...phew, had to say that. Now, my friends and I have been rocking Bodom for years, and at one point they were our favorite band. One of the reasons we lost interest in Bodom was because we had such high hopes for AYDY, being huge fans of Sinergy, we figured Alexi would take full advantage of having Roope at his side. Instead, AYDY fell short of what we expected, it did not have any Sinergy style insane guitar harmonies or awesome guitar\keyboard duets like the older Bodom albums. Our favorite Bodom album has always been Tokyo Warheart. It shows how amazing and accurate Bodom can be live. CRY the DVD is sweet, the production is great, and the sound is very good, but the audio CD shows how flawed the performance itself was. Listen to old Lake Bodom and newer Lake Bodom back to back and tell me that the older perfomance wasn't more powerful. Alexi gets lazy and skips his signature improv parts at the end of Lake Bodom and Downfall. I could argue TW vs SK to death, but I'd rather let Alexi do it for me.

In a recent interview, he stated: I didn’t even know the album was going to be released. I think the DVD is good. I guess the live album is okay, but I wouldn’t buy that damn thing.

Bam, Tokyo Warheart forever. Disagree if you will, but Alexi is on my side.

I still think Bodom's the fucking band.Hopefully they'll use their pause wisely(no,NOT only for drinking and fucking)and practice a lot so there'll be some kickass guitar parts on the next album.I also think that'll help the live performance as well.