Amon Amarth and Rock Band (video game)

Turksmash

New Metal Member
Oct 20, 2009
I'd like to know, how many people out there would like to see Amon Amarth's incredible music put out into the gaming world as Downloadable Content (DLC) for games like Guitar Hero or Rock Band? I know I would.

I've been listening to Amon Amarth for a couple of years now, and I was especially excited with their last album Twilight of the Thundergod. As I've been listening to them, it hit me that their music seems almost perfect for the Rhythm based Video Game world. I know that from a popularity standpoint, Metal isn't as well received by the masses as a lot of the other genres, but if you look at the history of Rock Band's metal releases they've all done well.

I for one have begun listening to new bands because of the way these games introduce music to the player. It's much more in-depth and intimate than simply listening, because you're actually "playing" it. I think Amon Amarth could really gain a lot more fans if they had more of an opportunity to really listen and appreciate their music, instead of stereotyping it as regular old metal, because AA is far from your average metal band.

My recommendations for songs that should be introduced to Rock Band or Guitar Hero are:

Death in Fire
Runes to my Memory
Cry of the Black Birds
Tattered Banners and Bloody Flags
Embrace of the Endless Ocean

and maybe toss in Valhall Awaits me, just for good measure.

The guitar, bass, vocals, and drumlines are just so perfect fitting for those game types.

I would in fact like to get some kind of poll or petition going to let the band members know. If there's enough interest expressed on here, I'll get on it.

that would be so much fucked up... I really dont see that... freds drummin alone would kill all the pedals of Rock band or what so ever... no fucken way...

and puttin fucken death metal into a video game like Rock band fucken sucks man. thats just wrong on so many levels

Amon Amarth should never bee but contact with Michael Jackson. If you were to make a game like GH or Rock band with Amon Amarth you need to make a whole new game for Metal alone (mu opinion) :D

MetalBand will go on sale at the end of March 2010 and will be priced around $49.99. You can also order the special Viking boxset for $79.99 which will include 1 free beer, a mjolnir pendant and a hairband for those days when you just can't be bothered.

MetalBand will go on sale at the end of March 2010 and will be priced around $49.99. You can also order the special Viking boxset for $79.99 which will include 1 free beer, a mjolnir pendant and a hairband for those days when you just can't be bothered.

$80 and only one beer,feels like a ripoff to me :lol: