The shear brutality of Amon Amarth

Oden's Blade

New Metal Member
Sep 6, 2003
Naples, Maine
I really like the title vs the world because the way i see it,
Amon Amarth vs The World..... Amon Amarth would win..... They're that fucking brutal, no other band could say that. Listen to Victorious March,
Death in Fire, or Down the Slopes of Death and you'll know what i mean.
WARNING!!: AMON AMARTH IS NOT FOR PANZIES OR NU-METAL KIDDIES!! THIS STUFF WILL CAVE IN YOUR SKULL, SEVER YOUR SPINE, BREAK ALL OF YOUR RIBS, AND LEAVE YOU LYING COMATOSE IN A PUDDLE OF YOU'RE OWN EXCREMENT!!

sorry, I forgot one thing. I meant to also ask what the opinions of other AA fans are about this. You know, whether you agree or disagree and any other related thoughts you might have.

Don't know if they're that brutall, but what they have is a nice mixture of some brutallity, emotion, energy and so on. Whenever I hear them LIVE (got to see them live if you haven't) I'm somewhere else in my mind, on some battle field. Well almost, there is always those mothefuckers runing around like chickens without the heads and interupt my walking/headbangin battle trans. Fuck I hate them.

Cheerz

Running around without their heads on? hmmm dont know quite what you mean but I am going to try too see them when they come to tampa this time around. at least i will try very hard....

Belgar said:
AA vs the world, who would win? If you put it in the historical context, yes vikings would have won. Even in defeat a viking would have found victory in his own death.

LOL! Very true! Now i feel like a real dipshit for not thinking of that myself! You are absolutly right, a true viking never leaves a battle in defeat. both triumph and death are a victory for a viking warrior.

I like how AA presents themselves in their music like, 'this is us and this is what we believe in'
when I see them next month, it's gonna be the fastest and shortest 30 min or however long they play
they just better make it a habit to come around on a regular basis I hope

Dýri_Oakenspear said:
I like how AA presents themselves in their music like, 'this is us and this is what we believe in'
when I see them next month, it's gonna be the fastest and shortest 30 min or however long they play
they just better make it a habit to come around on a regular basis I hope

To tell you the truth I'm surprised they're coming back so soon. They've been touring constantly. I hope they don't burn out and take a looooong break from touring. Almost a third full US tour this year, one last year, Milwaukee Fest before, and that's just North American. Not to mention Europe and other destinations.

Fucking shit.. Amon Amarth was going to come to Sacramento, CA (9 oct 2003 ), but it got canceled because only about 10 tickets got sold!! fuck!
who the fuck buys tickets in advance to a death metal show? my unholy fucking god. i mean, cannibal is the most known death metal band and they usualy dont sell out shows (though its usualy close). i mean... fuck!!!! what the hell could you need a ticket in advance for?

who the fuck buys tickets in advance to a death metal show? my unholy fucking god. i mean, cannibal is the most known death metal band and they usualy dont sell out shows (though its usualy close). i mean... fuck!!!! what the hell could you need a ticket in advance for?

yea thats what im saying. its still a fucking month till the show, and the people are afraid that no one will show up because they only sold 10 tickets so far.. and they canceled it. I had planned to buy my ticket like a day or two before.

Oh and last time i posted i forgot why i was posting.. a agree AA is an awsome band and they are sorta brutal. but not as brutal as a band like vehemence or vital remains..

if its a band i really like i'll buy my ticket way ahead of time. i got my archenemy ticket for lats night like 3 weeks ago. they sold out the venue.

AA are truly energetic, metallic, brutal, anyway you like it. Didnt hear any other bands that combine thos elements in such a successful combination.
About selling tickets in advance... its never the same. Sometimes all the tickets are sold weeks before the show and sometimes few are ever sold. Nevertheless, ppl always buy tickets on the show, if there is any.

my mum on acid is the epitomy of brutal...no really AA is the most brutal shit around. There is no band that has the same feeling as of what AA would give you. AA is the only band that gives me goosebumps dont know if this is a good thing but they just make me go crazy!