Similar bands to Amon Amarth?

AmonAmarthGR said:
EINHERJER
MOONSORROW
THYRFING
ENSLAVED(old)
NAER MATARON
From the Lyrics they are similar to AA, but the sound? I mean all of them are Viking Metal, but they don't sound too similar to AA. I like all of them though, damn shittie that Einherjer split up :(
and Mekane, of most bands you can simply download sample songs off of their Website, so go look on the official sites.

if it takes you 4-5 times to like the songs then maybe it isnt worth. how many times do you have to be hit by a semi to decide if it hurts or not. thats how I know that I indeed hate opeth and I indeed hate in flame, I may not want to DL any of their shit and listen to it 3 times each but Ive heard it before and it sucks ass. thats my 2 cents.

yeah, i always know if I like a song by hearing it once and simply enjoying it, if I dont like it the first time, there will be no chance that I will like it at all :/

yeah I can decide if I like the song the first time I hear it. if I like it Ill listen to it again and again. If I hate it then listening to it again is like reinforcing a catholic school girls shoes with steel... its just gonna hurt you more than before.

Belgar, im wondering if you can tell me any more of these celtic metal bands, ive checked out the two on your sig. and they fucking rock, the celtic shit is somethnig i havent heard before.....and i definately like it. Are there any other bands you can reccomend that I should check out?

Np- Helloween - Halloween

For anyone into the old folky and very beautiful old tunes of Denmark, you should check out Sorten Muld. Not a metal band, but some very beautiful music.

Damageinc840 said:
Belgar, im wondering if you can tell me any more of these celtic metal bands, ive checked out the two on your sig. and they fucking rock, the celtic shit is somethnig i havent heard before.....and i definately like it. Are there any other bands you can reccomend that I should check out?
Damage, glad indeed that you enjoy the music, folk metal even black folk metal might make some people smile but oh well ... I think it's a great mix, there is just the way to do by blending the right music and instruments. Besides the bands in my sig I can give you some names that could be associated to folk metal some heavier than others, some are folk insipired,...
Just like Axe's mentioned, you need to check out Falkenbach it's a must. France's Nydvind, Bellenos, Bran Barr, Kampfar are are folk inspired. Germany's Menhir or Bergthron are more pagan/folk and more black metal. Spain's Numen is awesome too. Also Belgium's Wapenspraak en drinkgelag, Weihan, Garmenhord,... Cannot forget Otyg from Sweden. Eluveitie, Vintersphrost from Switzerland are damn good too. Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Asmegin from Finland. Red Shamrock (more folk, not too metal) from Ireland is I could go on and on most are norman/gaulish/celtic metal bands. Just check them out and see what you like. Most have websites.

Fuck yeah dude, thanks a lot. I love finntroll. But have you ever heard of a band from spain called Mago de Oz? its the same blend, although i think they are a lot more metal then folk, but they have all the folkish instruments. hah, but thats all i know about. thanks bro...ill check these other ones out