Any Bands similar to Amon Amarth?

Leary666

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that no bands emulate Amon Amarth's riffing style, the slow melodic riffs ala pagan's main riff. Countless bands copy the in-flames/dt recipe, but are there any similar to AA?? why the hell not.....this is the best style i've ever heard hehe

If we're talking playing style then I'd say Centinex, Bolt Thrower, Solar Dawn....well, there's SOME similiarities but it's impossible to lump AA in some group or mention a band they sound very much alike. But a lot of other AA bands seem to enjoy the bands above.

yah, I just mean playing style, I don't really here those kinds of slow, high melodic riffs that much, like the riff at 1:43 on amon amarth or pagan's riff, or the riff on and soon the world will cease to be at 2:42 etc....thats the best shit man which I could find more of the same

I've never found one that is as good as AA. Wulfgar, another Swedish band, got pretty close but there is still only one AA.

Necro threading 10 year old threads makes me wish sometimes we had this function for locking threads older than x days/months/years :tickled:

If a thread is 10 years old, perhaps better to start a new one, possibly if it is remotely interesting, a link to the old topic that was same/similar.