Amon Amarths Genre!

I toss them in with melodic death.

I just break things down into black, brutal death, melo-death, and rock (which includes heavy, thrash, power, etc).

But I like the sound of "true nordic viking melodic swedish ass-kicking beer and mead drinking viking raiding and bezerker death metal".

Damageinc840 said:
just out of curiousity, what do you think of their newer stuff? Im a much bigger fan of carnivore and slow deep and hard era stuff, although their new cd is better then their last two, i think
Oh but I love Carnivore! But as for me, Bloody Kisses/October Rust was the good shit, never really got into their two latest albums.

Patric said:
Oh but I love Carnivore! But as for me, Bloody Kisses/October Rust was the good shit, never really got into their two latest albums.

fukin a dude, carivore is sweet. I liked Bloody kisses but wasnt a huge fan of October Rust, just a few songs.

It was definately more commercial yeah, but it had a feel to it (not only saying that cause of all the times I've dreamed away to it whilst being stoned off my ass) to it that was fucking magic. Which Carnivore album did you like the best? I've played Retaliation a lot latey, fuckin can't get enough of songs like S.M.D etc

Patric said:
It was definately more commercial yeah, but it had a feel to it (not only saying that cause of all the times I've dreamed away to it whilst being stoned off my ass) to it that was fucking magic. Which Carnivore album did you like the best? I've played Retaliation a lot latey, fuckin can't get enough of songs like S.M.D etc

Yeah, retaliation definately, Jesus HIlter is my favroite song. Peter gets some funny shit injected into those songs, like that one Sex and Violence. If you liked Bloody kisses you should check out this band Poisonblack, they sound a lot like Type-o, just not as heavy on the keyboards in some songs. Whats your favorite song off Slow Deep and Hard? Its a toss up between Gravity constant and unsuccessfully coping for me.

Hahah yeah Jesus Hitler, what imagination! And fucking oath, songs like...GROUND ZERO BROOKLYN!! I kinda dig the more pissed off fucking hardcore sound of Retaliation, as for their debut it's more of a Motörhead-relation I have to that, ie. party music...fuck man, songs like World War III & IV are made drinking tunes! I haven't heard of Poisonblack...thanks for the recommendation though bro. The only band I listen to that's even remotely close to TON is Ghost Orgy, if you know them.

Fav songs of SDAH would be..Der Untermensch or Prelude to Agony. But I agree about Gravity too man, especially the "graaavity crushing mee" part.

Fuck yeah dude, thanks a lot, ill check them out. And I dunno if you listen to it at all, but since yuo said you get stoned and listend to Type O, I highly reccomend getting stoned and listening to Fear Factory-Demanufacture. Im really not a huge fan of the industrial shit, but they bought extreme music a little bit more mainstream. But when I used to get stonedl isten to that shit for hours....it was intense. Fukin a.

i think the coolest thing i ever listened to while really stoned was in the catacombsof nephren ka by nile...it all sounded like one big happy blur! one big happy egyptian blur!

Glad I could help bro :)
Yah, Fear Factory was some pretty heavy shit back in the day, right? I've had their CD's rented before and oh yeah, they're fucking bad ass for sure...kinda remind me of Meshuggah sometimes tho.
Thrymfal, Nile is definately so fucking atmospheric and goddamn gloomy, those guys are geniouses. Had a kinda dead period with music for the last uh 3-4 weeks but I found the passion again, finding awesome bands like Withered Earth, Nefas, Lust of Decay, Vasaria (another band if you're into Type O, an overall Vampyre theme that kicks ass) and Putrid Pile on the 'net.

on Niles new cd, in their darkened shrines, they have the five songs on the end that make up like a concept thing, and they have like this huge fucking sound on them, the drummer like laid 6 drum tracks and theres all the horns and choirs and shit, its fuking intense. Well, I was on mushrooms and i just turned off all the lights and turned that shit way up....i tohught i was going crazy.
Withered earth definately doesnt suck. I always like to see newer American death metal bands, sometimes it seems like europe has the market corned.

European death metal ain't for me, at least most of the bands I listen to have a more American approach. Shrooms, huh? Never done it myself, but it's just as common as herb over here anyway. Being shitfaced/stoned and listening to Down rules as well :)

NP: Putrid Pile-Shit Body Painting

Patric said:
European death metal ain't for me, at least most of the bands I listen to have a more American approach. Shrooms, huh? Never done it myself, but it's just as common as herb over here anyway. Being shitfaced/stoned and listening to Down rules as well :)

NP: Putrid Pile-Shit Body Painting

Dude, shrooms are the most fun you will ever have. I went to passion of the christ on shrooms and with Dimmu Borgir on my head fones, it was....fucking awesome. Theres this other awesoem thing about shrooms, they allow you to drink about 3 times as much without puking all over yourself and passing out, then, when you wake up the next morning, theres no hangover. Plus, theres nothing cooler then watching your girlfriends face melt off then turn into the Aliens from that movie... o_O shrooms are great.

Thrymfal said:
Yeah man! i love being drunk and listening to them. Stained glass cross is a personal favorite

Fukin A, stained glass cross is my favorite too. Down is definately drinking music. If you like them, you should definately check out Eyehategod, id reccomend Dixie Whisky, its the same new orleans sludge metal type shit.

Speakin of new orleans, is tehre anyone on this board from around there? im gunna be going to to school at tulane, and it would be bitchin to have someone to get drunk with and maybe jam.....fukin a.

np: Iced Earth - The Prophecy