The new Amon Amarth Sound.

Versus the World is by far the worst production job AA have had. It's raw, yeah, but in all the wrong ways. The vocals sound a bit off and some of the guitar parts are a bit buried (for example, the main melody in Death In Fire). And you can just forget about hearing the bass. The guitar tone is also a step down from the previous albums. Even with all that it's a great album, but I really wish it had been recorded with the sound on Once Sent, which imo is their best production job. Certainly the best production job of the first four.

Versus the World is by far the worst production job AA have had. It's raw, yeah, but in all the wrong ways. The vocals sound a bit off and some of the guitar parts are a bit buried (for example, the main melody in Death In Fire). And you can just forget about hearing the bass. The guitar tone is also a step down from the previous albums. Even with all that it's a great album, but I really wish it had been recorded with the sound on Once Sent, which imo is their best production job. Certainly the best production job of the first four.

Production is overrated!^^ :D

When the Music, lyrics and arrangements is shitty even a good production wont save it from a failure, i think it mostly depends on how good are your vision who is behind a Album, and vs does this with bravour, just everything on this Album is sheer perfect, because it is just like how it is and thats all. ;)

Production is overrated!^^ :D

When the Music, lyrics and arrangements is shitty even a good production wont save it from a failure, i think it mostly depends on how good are your vision who is behind a Album, and vs does this with bravour, just everything on this Album is sheer perfect, because it is just like how it is and thats all. ;)

You're pretty much right ,but on the other hand a REALLY bad production can totally ruin an album.
The Production of VSTW may be far from perfect, but it is good enough to make this a fucking good album :Rock:

It's funny...Versus the World is my favorite album...

I dont really like the older AA. It is bad for my ears if i listen to it on my mp3 player. New stuff though is amazing and still brutal.