Amon Amarth/Enslaved/Skeletonwitch tour!

I used to live in South Carolina, but I never went to a show at Center Stage other than ProgPower. If the sound for another show there is as good, I'd love to see this tour at Center Stage. I'll settle for Kansas, because I have to. But I'll want Center Stage.

This tour is skipping New Orleans of course, but Skeletonwitch is actually playing here by themselves in between dates on the Amon Amarth tour. Too bad I barely know them outside of a few songs I've heard hear and there.

Saw the tour in Tempe, AZ this past Saturday. As I expected it was a sold out show. 750 capacity. It was hot as all hell and crowded as fuck but that usually makes for a great metal show. This one was no exception. Amon Amarth were amazing as usual. 17 songs in what was a pretty solid setlist IMO.

AA in my opinion were the best act after Rob Zombie on the main stage at the mayhem fest. Heading to NYC for this show. Entombed is a band I have yet to catch live so cant wait.

I meant Enslaved, but damn that made me listen to entombed again. That is a great band also, I actually enjoy them much more.

Unfortunately, I strained my back last week on the interminable 80 minute flight from New Orleans to Dallas that wound up taking 9 hours, so I had to skip AA Tuesday - they're one of the few death metal acts that are must-see for me when they come to town.

esy6yzez.jpg

Amon Amarth/Enslaved downstairs, Cody Simpson upstairs tonight. Teens already camped out for one of the shows...

Did anyone else go to the Atlanta show?

Shit was fucking *AMAZING*. I'd liked Enslaved stuff before, but their set/show was so goo I went out and bought 4 albums and 2 t-shirts. Honestly, AA couldn't follow them up. Not that they did a bad job, but i've seen them before and in better form.

Skeletonwitch is always a great act to see, and I don't even care for any of their material outside of Beyond the Permafrost.

Did anyone else go to the Atlanta show?

Shit was fucking *AMAZING*. I'd liked Enslaved stuff before, but their set/show was so goo I went out and bought 4 albums and 2 t-shirts. Honestly, AA couldn't follow them up. Not that they did a bad job, but i've seen them before and in better form.

Skeletonwitch is always a great act to see, and I don't even care for any of their material outside of Beyond the Permafrost.

Would like to see Enslaved headline through Atlanta again-- their set was (expectedly) short-- I know they came through as support a couple years ago and headlined on the Ruun tour-- which featured some of the best live sound I've ever heard. Minor complaint about their set Saturday-- starting of with too much mid-paced stuff-- but yeah, they were excellent.

Saw this last Sunday in Fort Lauderdale!!! Awesome show! Skeletonwitch is a little too psychotic for my tastes, but Borknagar and Amon Amarth was extremely enjoyable. Pure class! T shirts I bought were awesome and the only thing is that I was eyeing the Amon Amarth set list from the lights guy as I was standing right behind the boards, and in an instant at the end the set list was gone! When you think you are smart, someone is smarter than you, haha!