Amon Amarth makes me want to be a viking

i really think amon amarth needs to have like some viking fest thing where everyone dresses up like vikings and drink all day long

When they finally retire, maybe we could through them a party to kill all parties, drink all week and then throw them on a pyre to save their dignity :headbang:

Then we start one hell of a fight amungst ourselves and die with honour so we can follow in their footsteps. Okay, maybe that's pushing it just a tadd :lol:

Oh, no, not this thread again...
I get the impression this thread went a whole another way than intended... For what it's worth, it's taken the better part of ten years for the DNA dudes to show how the Norse bloodlines travel and who's the ancestor of whom. When it all comes down to it, we're all fucking descendants of Lucy anyhow, so what? How does that impact the music of AA, exactly? The heritage of the Norse lies within the cultural norms. Now those are readily available in the music of Amon Amarth, and we can all hear and react to them, regardless of DNA or cultural heritage. I'm pretty sure that was what the original post was getting at. We already have that thread, though...
And no, ATG91, you're not crazy. Music brings on berserker rage in some, ya know! We even have that thread.
For all those who want one big Viking party/fight, join the SCA (or some other recreation group). We do that - with a vengeance, and we love nothing better than a greenhorn Viking wannabe who thinks he knows how to fight and drink. You're welcome to come over and get the crap beaten out of you. We also have chirurgeons (look Bates, I can spell it! Not bad for SCA!) for when you fail to keep up with the grown up Vikings and get alcohol poisoning (Belgar excluded - I've seen him drink, he won't need medical attention). Mind you, according to Ibn Fadlan, even the Rus drank so hard they died from that, so we'll be nice and won't laugh at you.
Geez, I sound old and grumpy. Must be because it's too damn early in the morning to think. Or maybe due to lack of Jägermeister. Or maybe it's becasue I'm old and grumpy?

I vote for option 3. ;) I was still getting my ass kicked (sometimes by embarrassingly small people), but I had to temporarily retire and stick with the crafting stuff for a while. But I'm still good for the drinking! One of these days, I'm gonna have to let some of you folk beat on me for continually taking a poky stick to these threads.

For all those who want one big Viking party/fight, join the SCA (or some other recreation group). We do that - with a vengeance, and we love nothing better than a greenhorn Viking wannabe who thinks he knows how to fight and drink. You're welcome to come over and get the crap beaten out of you.

Viking party/fight with drinking till you get alcohol poisoning? Where do I sign up for this!

For all those who want one big Viking party/fight, join the SCA (or some other recreation group). We do that - with a vengeance, and we love nothing better than a greenhorn Viking wannabe who thinks he knows how to fight and drink.

I'm in SCA over here, though I know I can't fight, don't like it either, so I joined the brewer's guild instead, now that's something I'm good at :D

Know your limits, I say. Especially when getting to the other side of the 30 line, wounds take time to heal, it's better to get brew, drink and get drunk...