Amon Amarth Recording Update

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
AMON AMARTH To Begin Recording In May

Sweden's AMON AMARTH will enter Berno studio in Malmö in mid-May to record the follow-up to last year's "Versus The World", tentatively due in late 2004 through Metal Blade Records. No further information is available at this time.

AMON AMARTH recently teamed up with DESTRUCTION, DEICIDE, NILE, DEW-SCENTED, GRAVEWORM and MISERY INDEX for the X-Mass Festivals 2003 European tour. The trek, which kicked off on December 7 in London, England, "was really successful and that is all thanks to you fans that showed up on the shows to support the tour," AMON AMARTH write on their web site. "We couldn't ask for a better way to end this year of versus the world touring. A big thanks as well goes out to all of you others that been supporting the band during this year! It has been a hectic year and also a very rewarding one. Now we are going to rest for a week or so and then start to work on our next album."

From BlabberMouth.Net

When did they come to SF, 6 months back? I can't remember much (with Nile?), but man, they had the HAIR -- I don't ever remember seeing a band where all the players swung their shit in sync like them -- it was killer!

I don't yet have any of their music, but I'll get off my ass soon and give it a try...

Not to mention -- why don't, when bands tour, do they ever sell their CDs at the shows? Sure, some do, but most of the time it's other merch -- if I carry enough cash for bar-beer, I'm willing to buy a CD or two...