Amon Amarth setlists

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
Well I must admit. I have The Avenger and Fate of Norns but I don't listen to them very often... I'm going to be seeing the NA tour with CoB and AA (I don't want to say Trivium because I just plain out don't like their music) and I'm wondering what songs should I expect to hear?

I know they arn't headlining so they'll have ehhh 35 mins on stage probably. They'll mostly play stuff off FoN more than likely, but what songs?

Thanks everyone!

from FoN, they will obviously play:
Pursuit of Vikings
The Fate of Norns
and they might play;
An Ancient sign of comming storm
Beheading of a King
Once Sealed in Blood

from VS the World they will obviously play:
Death In Fire
For The Stabwounds in our Backs

as for The Avenger they are more likely to play ;
Bleed for Ancient Gods
The Last with Pagan Blood

songs i remember from summerbreeze:

not in order (just brainstorming ^^):

releasing surtur's fire
death in fire
versus the world
for the stabwounds in our backs
fate of norns
the pursuit of vikings
victorious march
masters of war

perhaps i've forgotten 1 or 2 ...
... don't remember the opener :-/

Fimbul-Winter said:
I don't like that AA go on an US-Tour with COB and Trivium

I'll go see them even if they shared the stage with Hootie and the Blowfish. If that's what it takes for them to come here so be it. Of course I still think that this is a bad package and more of a step backward than forward (touring wise) which is what they were looking for.

They absolutely fucking have to play Thousand Years of Oppression! I have my doubts though, if they get 6 songs i'd expect them to be Ancient Sign of Coming Storm, Fate of Norns, Pursuit of Vikings, Death in Fire, Vs the World, and Last with Pagan Blood. Though I'd really hope they would throw Victorious March in there too :)

Tomasz said:
I'll go see them even if they shared the stage with Hootie and the Blowfish. If that's what it takes for them to come here so be it. Of course I still think that this is a bad package and more of a step backward than forward (touring wise) which is what they were looking for.
Ha ha, I would rather them tour with Hootie and the Blowfish.

Stormrider586 said:
They absolutely fucking have to play Thousand Years of Oppression! I have my doubts though, if they get 6 songs i'd expect them to be Ancient Sign of Coming Storm, Fate of Norns, Pursuit of Vikings, Death in Fire, Vs the World, and Last with Pagan Blood. Though I'd really hope they would throw Victorious March in there too :)

They did not play Thousand Years of Oppression on the Vs the World tour here in the states... If I remember correctly they played (not the exact order): Death in Fire, For the Stabwounds in Our Backs, Vs the World, Bastards of a Lying Breed, Annihilation of Hammerfest (my personal favorite AA song), Last with Pagan Blood, Victorious March... May have been another from the Avenger, can't remember...

Taken from www.amonamarth.de:

The exact tracklist of the upcoming DVD isn't certain yet, but some fans report that following songs were played (unsorted):

An Ancient Sign Of Coming Storm
Bleed For Ancient Gods
Amon Amarth
Fate Of Norns
Pursuit Of Vikings
Once Sealed In Blood
Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
Thousand Years Of Opression
North Sea Storm
Masters Of War
Realeasing Surtur's Fire
Versus The World