Amon Amarth show videos

Johnny T.

Feb 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
I have made this post once before, with no luck, but it was a while ago, so here I go again.

PLEASE. If anyone has ANY Amon Amarth shows on video, please get in touch with me. I would like to collect any and all. I currently have the 2001 US tour show of New Jersey. It is not first string, but the quality is good. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money (anyone charging much more than video cost and shipping fee... shame on you trying to make money off AA. Of course i understand a few bucks for taking the time to actually record and send the video for me). I will trade my NJ show, or buy. Please please get in touch with me either through e-mail or AIM. Or if you're interested in trading for other band videos I have (which is actually very few) get in touch, and I'll tell you what I have.

Also. I talked with Patric about US VCRs and Danish VCRs, and apparently there is a difference. So if you know more on the subject, please reply and let me know what the differences are and if there is any way to not be bothered by those differences.

ALSO... anyone interested in my copy of this show, get in touch with me. I'll simply charge cost of shipping and video cost.

Thank you.

Aim: ViolentDisregard
e-mail: neoretro13@earthlink.net

danish ones must be in PAL format, i know the UK ones are. remeber, PAL is not your pal.

PAL stands for Phase Alternation by Line, and was adopted in 1967. It has 625 horizontal lines making up the vertical resolution. 50 fields are displayed and interlaced per second, making for a 25 frame per second system. An advantage of this system is a more stable and consistent hue (tint). PAL-M is used only in Brazil. It has 525 lines, at 30 frames per second.

http://www.chessvideo.com/vendors/standards.htm
http://www.armageddonbooks.com/vhs.html

Well I'll be damned. That is by far the most... technical response I could have asked for... Maybe just a bit TOO technical... (wonders what the fuck interlacing fields are...)

thank you

Aye, I agree Johnny...still scratching my head! Anyway, I suppose PAL goes for all Europe, and not only DK cause I remember reading about the same situation in Sweden (plus, all the horror movies I get from HMV London I can play at home)...

is it legit or is a... "post market modification" ?

;)

smile2.gif
goggly.gif
loco.gif
hypnotized.gif
smile2.gif
goggly.gif
loco.gif
hypnotized.gif
smile2.gif
goggly.gif
loco.gif
hypnotized.gif
smile2.gif

....man....im realy dizzy.... i think i better lay down....

look at those 2 links i posted, they have a lot of info

PAL format

United Kingdom,
Abu Dhabi,
Afghanistan,
Albania,
Algeria,
Angola,
Argentina,
Ascension Island,
Australia,
Austria,
Azores,
Bahrain,
Bangladesh,
Belgium,
Bosnia Herzegovina,
Botswana,
Brunei,
Cameroon,
Canary Islands,
Cape Verde,
Cayman Islands,
China,
Christmas Island,
Cook Island,
Croatia,
Cyprus,
Denmark,
Dubai,
Easter Island,
Eritrea,
Ethiopia,
Falkland Islands,
Faroe Islands,
Finland,
Gambia,
Gaza & West Bank,
Germany,
Ghana,
Gibraltar,
Greece (also SECAM),
Greenland,
Guinea,
Guinea-Bissau,
Holland,
Hong Kong,
Iceland,
India,
Indonesia,
Ireland,
Israel,
Italy,
Jordan,
Kenya,
Kuwait,
Lebanon,
Lesotho,
Liberia,
Liechtenstein,
Luxembourg,
Macao,
Macedonia,
Madeira,
Malawi,
Malaysia,
Maldives,
Malta,
Montenegro,
Mozambique,
Namibia,
Nepal,
Netherlands,
New Zealand,
Nigeria,
Norfolk Island,
Norway,
Oman,
Pakistan,
Papua New Guinea,
Paraguay,
Poland,
Portugal,
Qatar,
Sardinia,
Seychelles,
Sierra Leone,
Singapore,
Slovenia,
Solomon Islands,
Somalia,
South Africa,
Spain,
Sri Lanka,
Sudan,
Swaziland,
Sweden,
Switzerland,
Syria,
Tanzania,
Thailand,
Tonga,
Tristian Da Cunah,
Turkey,
Uganda,
United Arab Emirates,
Vanuatu,
Vatican,
Yemen,
Yugoslavia, Zambia,
Zanzibar,
Zimbabwe

Abu Dhabi...I didn't know there was a place called that but now I've been informed they've got PAL Format so peace...

M. said:
is it legit or is a... "post market modification" ?

/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

My VCR plays all formats as well, they call it an international VCR player or sumtin like that. I wish the US would get up to speed with the rest of the world and use the same format same goes with the whole mile, inch measure system. Notice that France is also the only one in europe to use SECAM format, damn frenchies .......... Btw the VCR I have plays all formats from Japan to US, Europe, Brazil,.... but I paid $500 for it a couple years ago.
If you are a tech buff you can modify yr DVD player and have it play all 6 DVD Zones, it just requires a couple modifications, not really legal but easy to do. That is if you know what you are doing. \m/ :D