Amon Amarth - VS the World [exclusive expanded set]

I got this at a good price (considering I bought it in a mall), and both CDs in the set obviously fucking rock like you wouldn't believe. Amon Amarth are so heavy and fast but at the same time they've got very good harmonies and melodies to their music, a trait that makes this CD a true master piece.

The original "VS the World" EP is included on the first CD. The Second CD is made up of their first demo (Thor Arise), their second demo (Arrival of the Fimbul Winter) and their first official release, a mini CD by the name of "Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds".

I can't even explain how much this set fucking rocks. If you ever see this out there for less than $30 grab it (I got mine for $17), it's well worth the investment.

I think what you have is the Viking Edition, which I also have. I could be wrong though, since I don't recall any ep being on the first disc. My first disc is the full length Versus the World album. Anyway, its a good set for the money. I got mine from www.theendrecords.com for $12. You should pick up the CD called The Avenger, that is much faster and crazy then their last 2 CD's. However The Avenger is only 7 songs, but no filler.
TheNooseInYourEmptySoul said:
I got this at a good price (considering I bought it in a mall), and both CDs in the set obviously fucking rock like you wouldn't believe. Amon Amarth are so heavy and fast but at the same time they've got very good harmonies and melodies to their music, a trait that makes this CD a true master piece.

The original "VS the World" EP is included on the first CD. The Second CD is made up of their first demo (Thor Arise), their second demo (Arrival of the Fimbul Winter) and their first official release, a mini CD by the name of "Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds".

I can't even explain how much this set fucking rocks. If you ever see this out there for less than $30 grab it (I got mine for $17), it's well worth the investment.

The Crusher is another good one. I like all their CDs.
Can't go wrong with any Amon Amarth!

vs. the world is a kickass album

i love that song 'death in fire'

also on the expanded set the cover of 'sabbath bloody sabbath' is pretty good

personally i think avenger is a little better, but vs. the world owns a lot of the metal albums out there

I own all of Amon's work, my favourites are Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds and Vs the World. Sorrow.... was so raw and aggressive. I think that the vocalist delivers his best performance on Vs the World. Amazing band.

Once sent from the golden hall RULES ALL and will be the soundtrack to the Viking Uprise. Victorious March will lead droves of thousands of red, black , and blonde bearded men with swords and shields across the world slaying all who stand in their path and they will conquer, rape, pilage , and plunder this puny earth of all un clean and christain souls.

what about brown bearded men? Can't they have their share of raping and pillaging, not to mention torture of christian souls?