Among the Living remaster

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Just saw on Scott's tweet feed that he is listening to the ATL remaster.

Am I missing something here? Is this new or have I been living under a rock?

Not something I've ever heard of, but would love to hear!! Maybe one of Scott's private collection.

The above mentioned is an awesome song, but what else can you say about the album? The fact remains that "Sound Of White Noise" is my favorite album. What really matters is that I went to the ER after "N.F.L.." Is anyone as drunk as I? Holy fuck.

The above mentioned is an awesome song, but what else can you say about the album? The fact remains that "Sound Of White Noise" is my favorite album. What really matters is that I went to the ER after "N.F.L.." Is anyone as drunk as I? Holy fuck.

A remaster isn't going to change the production. All it's gonna do is make it louder on the disc. Maybe EQ a tiny bit. The only way to fix the problems that Anthrax's back catalog has (aside from vocally lol) is remixing like Mustaine did with the Megadeth back catalog. It could be done tastefully and staying true to the material (unlike what Mustaine did), but usually it's a bad idea to remix an album.

''vocally'', hahaha, well, at least is something if they could make it louder.

And remix some guitar, drum or bass parts?

By the way, is 'No hit wonders' a compilation with remastered tracks?

A remaster isn't going to change the production. All it's gonna do is make it louder on the disc. Maybe EQ a tiny bit. The only way to fix the problems that Anthrax's back catalog has (aside from vocally lol) is remixing like Mustaine did with the Megadeth back catalog. It could be done tastefully and staying true to the material (unlike what Mustaine did), but usually it's a bad idea to remix an album.

Well Eddie Kramer buggered up the sound/mix with the record and thats why the Among.. album sounds like it does.

I'm not sure what a remaster will do for ATL. Jethro Tull's Remastered albums are the only ones I've ever heard worthwhile - they brought out things that were harder to hear in the original releases and added cool bonus tracks.

I'm not sure what a remaster will do for ATL. Jethro Tull's Remastered albums are the only ones I've ever heard worthwhile - they brought out things that were harder to hear in the original releases and added cool bonus tracks.

the doors 40th anniversary mixes and queensryche's and judas priests remasters are worth it too. just having cool bonus tracks makes buying a remaster worth it but since megadeth added the bonus tracks and then messed up the albums its total fail

Hi,
are there any bonus tracks for Spreading The Disease? Any new stuff for Among The Living? What about State Of Euphoria? I'd like to get the whole Persistence of Time album sung by John Bush...:)

T:)

Hi,
are there any bonus tracks for Spreading The Disease? Any new stuff for Among The Living? What about State Of Euphoria? I'd like to get the whole Persistence of Time album sung by John Bush...:)

Wouldn't we all, if POT was sung by John they'd be inducted along with Metallica, no doubt. Imagine Gridlock with John, oh god. Imagine Belly with John. Ugh:erk:

Hi,
Belly Of The Beast, Keep It In The Family and In My World are on The Greater Of Two Evils...and those make me want more...Gridlock would be just incredible!
They've done Got The Time live...but any others from POT?...Yeah I could check from the other thread...:)