Amorphis Album #12 (September 4, 2015)

OK. I know this should not bother me so much, but some dude gave the new record a 20% rating on the Metal Archives and it really deserves better than that. My review is posted, and I encourage you to post a review there so that it has an overall more accurate rating.
I'm not taking it that seriously :p

Reactions: tuonelan
Meh, nobody should take MA's rating seriously. Granted, it's a great website, and there are same good reviewers there who offer well-thought criticism and praise, but majority of people posting reviews are just trying to show how cool and edgy they are with their kvlt approach.
Still, MA's my first stop for band info and so on.

Finally sorted access issues brought about by new tablet shenanigans LOL...

Finding a rest from Under The Red Cloud has opened even more doors to this fantastic record. Additional songs starting to carve their way into the head and those that were already faves are winning again. Truth be told this wasn't as 'instant' as I had expected, much of that expectation of course brought about by the onslaught of discovering Amorphis for the first time not so long ago. Still, this sounds a more 'mature' record and a grower, a recording which will no doubt keep on giving fer quite some time \m/ And can't stop studying the fantastic artwork, if had the spare coin Under The Red Cloud VINYL would without hesitation find its way into this fan's collection!

And so far as MA goes, agree, a great site but like any other fan submissions can on occassion be questionable LOL.

'Under the Red Cloud' is my album of 2015. Amazing release. I'm so glad that Amorphis are still creating masterpieces. In fact, I think this is probably my favourite Tomi Joutsen album, just passing 'Eclipse' and 'Circle'. Really fantastic work.

Under the Red Cloud wins Best Heavy/ Melodic Metal album in the Metal Storm Awards for 2015.

I found a lot of wins I agreed with there (Paradise Lost, Ahab, Enslaved, Exgenesis, Swallow the Sun).

Anyway, good to see Amo getting some recognition for this.

FINALLY afforded myself the VINYL version of Under The Red Cloud☺

Going to be a while wait for it to hit the postbox but bloody stoked to say the least \m/

Reactions: tuonelan