amorphis- am universum

airman

Oct 7, 2002
Reykjavik Iceland
Visit site
amor-8.jpg

How is it? Similar to tuonela?

I have Elegy and I didn't find it that good, don't like it that much. so I left Amorphis aside. last time I came in touch with Amorphis again, was with Am Universum and what can I say: superb! I never thought clean vocals could ever impress me that much, but this album is spinning around in my head just as much and often as in my CD player :) :D
I wouldn't sell Am Universum for a billion € !!

I'm not a friend of newer Amorphis! Tuonela and Am Universum are weak albums in my opinion. Anyways, the older albums up to (and including) Elegy are MASTERPIECES!
...and to answer the question: YES, it is similar to Tuonela!

I'm also an 'Elegy' worshipper. It's such an incredible album... very unique. 'Tales' is also a very very high quality album. I really didn't enjoy 'Tuonela' and found it quite bland and boring in comparison, so I haven't bothered with 'Am Universum'

Hmm, I think it is their weakest,
I'm not just saying that because I love the "Old Stuff" - Tuonela is my favourite...
AU has the same kind of musical "feel" as Tuonela but the mysterious creepyness of Tuonela is missing for me.
It's not a bad album by any means though.

I have "Tales" and "Elegy" and I really like them both. I think Elegy is the better of the two though. Hmm, even though you people aren't saying too much good stuff about thier latest two albums, I think I will get them anyway.