Amorphis anyone?

I love TFT1000L & Elegy :)

I think I couldn't have been disappointed with Elegy because it was the first Amorphis album I listened to. I noticed that many who were familiar with their older albums were a bit disappointed when it came out, but for me it had the most natural Amorphis-sound ever. I bought Tales(...) not that long ago, along with Am Universum, and liked Tales much better than AU. AU is simpler, and less metallic (which doesn't bother me too much). It has some really nice songs, like Drifting Memories and Shattered Within, but the way they used the Saxophone wasn't always for the better. I don't like Crimson Wave and Veil of Sin, for instance. All in all, it's quite an average album, which is fun to listen to once in a while. There's nothing quite special about it.

Originally posted by bleedingfilth
Nice Avatar Sigma....Virgin Black are amazing :headbang:

Amorphis are good :) I still have a few of their albums to get. Between them and Opeth though, for me Opeth always comes out on top.

:cool:

I have most of the releases of Amorphis (except "Privilege Of Evil" and "Black Winter Day") and I enjoy them all almost the same (maybe "Karelian..." a little less, after all they were just beginners then). I believe they reached the top with "Elegy" and "Tuonela", but "Am Universum" is still a very good album that, at least to me, seems more "relaxed" than the previous ones. I think all the rock and 70's influences made their music a lot more interesting. Let's see what they'll do next...

I've got Tales, Elegy and Tuonela and Tales and Elegy are the best ones i think. Elegy with its 70s flair, it just rocks!
Tales...is cult, nothing more to add.
Tuonela is not bad but something is missing and every song kinda repeats itself, after a few listenings i find it rather boring.
I stopped listening to them after Tuonela, dunno, i did not like the other albums that much, but after all they are still a great band.