New Amorphis

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
Just a recommendation here, go out and get the new Amorphis NOW, it is fantastic. They are not really metal anymore, but they write some extremely powerful, melodic, and emotional music. This band has truly progressed over the years. Yes, I love the tales From the Thousand Lakes cd, but the newer stuff is awesome in its own way.

Eh.. I liked some of it, but some of the rest is kinda shitty. THe last 2 previous cds were really good too, but I think the new one is kinda mundane in some ways. I prefer Tales and Elegy always though.

yeah, I don't like their old stuff...for me the band started with Elegy and their newer stuff is pretty cool as well.

Amorphis :headbang: . For me they are simply the best band in the world, however the hotest band around the corner is Opeth. Tales marked me forever and open my ears to a ocean of great bands.
And say what u want, even if Far from the Sun it's way too far from Tales, for me Amorphis is still metal.

By the way, why u allways start topics that aren't related with Opeth?? There's alot of foruns that u can post it...

onesolo said:
By the way, why u allways start topics that aren't related with Opeth?? There's alot of foruns that u can post it...

Two reasons,
1-Opeth fans, for the most part, are open minded and have well rounded good taste musically, and I want to get Opeth fans opinions.
2-There is no Amorphis board on UM
tongue.gif
!

dolphz said:
Two reasons,
1-Opeth fans, for the most part, are open minded and have well rounded good taste musically, and I want to get Opeth fans opinions.

Come on, that's a compliment to the whole board. And while I like the album, it is far from their best album. Some of it is, well, a little bland. Not bad, just doesn't grab me like some of their older music does.

np: lock up-pleasures pave sewers