Amorphis

Poison Godmachine

Atheistic Existentialist
Feb 3, 2002
Berklee College of Music
Visit site
I had heard alot of the songs Tuonela and people here at UM were talking about how good Tales From The Thousand Lakes was. I knew it was not anything like thier newer stuff but I bought it today anyway. Haven't really listened to it yet but no matter what I think of this one I will probobly buy the newer 2 albums. Any Amorphis info for me guys? What do you think about what albums or songs?! COME ON!!:eek:

I'd buy them in following order:

1. Tales From The Thousand Lakes -Part of finnish metal history. Great Kalevala lyrics, cool combination of death metal and folk influences. Their most succesfull album with the sales of 200.000 copies.
2. Elegy -A bridge between old death metal style and new, more prog-rock sounding Amorphis. Their catchiest album.
3. Tuonela -Better of the new albums. Folky prog rock influenced metal.
4. Karelian Isthmus -Great debut for a great band. Death metal and finnish folklore.
5. Am Universum -Bit dissapointing album, since it does not compare to old heavier albums and makes me think about the songs that they're leftovertracks of Tuonela sessions.

I can only judge what i've heard, which is am universum. I think it's awsome although it's not that heavy. It's still good though and the song 'Alone' is fuckin' great. Great stuff to mellow out to. :Smokedev:

Tales is very good.

Get them all.

Isthmus is not available anymore,

All good, the elegy is great, but you need my kantele, its an extiention of elegy

I saw Amorphis open for Armored Saint along with Kovenant and Moonspell. They were very impressive. I like Tale Of A Thousand Lakes and as ThePKH said it is a nice mix of Death Metal and traditional folk with keyboards. Cheers

I'd say Elegy is their best. Better Unborn is one of the coolest songs.....ever. . .

Originally posted by ArtisanBass
I love all the earas of AMORPHIS. Takes is good, the new stuff is rad. I love ELEGY. The song ELEGY alone makes the album. Any one here brave thier first EP. Privilage of Evil. Pretty crusty stuff.

METAL
ArtisanBass
www.artisanmetal.com

Yes, I have it hahah. Its very early 90's scandinavian semi extrem death metal.

Elegy is their catchiest album? I don't find it too catchy at all. It's such a weird combination of sounds.

Tuonela, now THAT'S catchy

The sounds on Elegy led to the sounds on Tuonelo. Both very good cd's IMO.

Bottom Line POisonGod Machine...Amorphis is a great band.

Oh yeah.Oli Peka Lane, one of the founders, he plays Bass...has left the band.