Amorphis ARe Looking for a New Singer, and the PERFECT Guy Would Be Dan..............

Master_Debater

Usurper of the Goat
Jan 19, 2004
Olympia, WA & Dallas, TX
www.garageband.com
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of Amorphis, but they're one of Finland's best bands ever, and have just lost their lead singer........ Being a new listener of Swano's stuff I am amazed at how similar his material is to their stuff, especially when you look at Swano's Moontower and Amorphis's Elegy.

Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys thought of this, it's kinda my own wishful thinking.....

I thought about this myself, but that would mean there'd be less from Dan on his own, and the world just cannot have that.

No, it can't.

Jim LotFP said:
Not even Dan Swanö vocals could save the shitty, lazy, no-effort songwriting that's been Amorphis' trademark the past several albums.
Agreed. Of course they started getting radioplay finally when they simplified their sound enough for Far From The Sun.
I do like Tuonela and Am Universum, so I guess I don't agree with Jim on the "shitty" comment, but otherwise I do. Dan should (and probably will?) keep doing his own thing, he has already been in a band and you know what happened then.

I'm honored, but no thank you...Finish mentality is not what I need right now (I guess I should say, male finish or Raggi will be angry with me...)