Amorphis - The Beginning of Times

I see your point, eppst1 ... I think that's a key to enjoying a product like M&M. If a person is already very familiar with the older original discs the re-done versions probably won't have the same impact. I was a new enough fan to Amorphis that M&M really worked for me. I knew all those older tunes, but not to the point where those old renditions were ingrained into my memory banks. Actually I knew them best from hearing Joutsen sing via lia, dvd, youtube, and bootleg videos.

I do think that the vocals, production, and musicianship is better with Amorphis today than it's ever been. These songs .. especially the tunes from the first few discs just sound so much better than the originals.

Britt

Courtesy of Nuclear Blast, the song 'My Enemy' from the new AMORPHIS album, The Beginning Of Times, is now available for free download for a limited time. Click here for access.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm pre-ordered for 6/7 release - can't wait for this disk to come in!

Btw, I'm not the one who uploaded to YT - just did a quick search since that email link looked a little fishy to me. Hope it's ok posting the link

Last edited by a moderator:
that email link looked a little fishy to me. Hope it's ok posting the link
Why? Because it was in German? I used the link and was able to save the mp3 directly to my iTunes library so I can play it on my iPod. It's easy. All you have to do is give them your email addy, don't click the newsletter box. You'll get an email with a code. Click the link, enter the code, click download and save to iTunes. Easy.

Great song btw. Everything I've heard from this album is awesome. Looking forward to the rest.

...since that email link looked a little fishy to me.
Nothing fishy in it, it's genuine NuclearBlast.de (Germany) website. If you have doubts, open a temporary email box somewhere, the reply with the code will come in a minute. Just don't tick the info letter box if you don't mind more emails from NB.de

I dl'd the file, it is a mp3, 320 kbps and the song is cool, proven Amorphis quality. :D

Upon second listen of yet another great album by Amorphis. I feel extremely compelled to say two things:

1 - Amorphis raises their winning streak to 4 albums in a row.

2 - I think it's definitely time to bring them back. How about a slot on Thursday of next year?

Who's picking this up?

Yeah .. I've spun thru this new one four or five time now ... it's a big winner. Any fans of the past several will have no problems taking to this one. The old time fans might have a little more trouble, but the melodies are top notch and should win many over, aqlthough it's not a particularly heavy disc. There's is a good bit of diversity to be found, so there's probably a little something for everyone. I happen to like it all ;)

I struggle to think of a band who is as consistently good as these guys ... best in the business in my opinion. The just don't disappoint .. me at least.

Needless to say ... YES ... Bring Them Back !!

Britt

That's why I suggested an evening with AMORPHIS and PAGAN'S MIND for next year's Kick-Off. Both are releasing killer new albums this year. You really think AMORPHIS' new album is better than Silent Waters? That's a huge claim since I consider SW to be one of the best albums by any band...ever.

I gave it one spin so far. It's *not* as good as Skyforger and Silent Waters, but it's still pretty good.

That's why I suggested an evening with AMORPHIS and PAGAN'S MIND for next year's Kick-Off. Both are releasing killer new albums this year. You really think AMORPHIS' new album is better than Silent Waters? That's a huge claim since I consider SW to be one of the best albums by any band...ever.

I loved both Silent Waters and Skyforger, but I didn't LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I'm a longtime fan of the band and enjoy all their eras, but to me Eclipse is untouchable. It was by far the best thing they did since Tales From The Thousand Lakes. I think Silent Waters, Skyforger, and now this new one are continuations of that album that aren't as incredible, but still great, amazing albums nontheless. I do think the new one is better than SW and SF yeah. But I do enjoy all those albums overall. They are one of the most consistently awesome long running true metal bands alongside Opeth, Enslaved, Paradise Lost, Katatonia, etc.

Dude. Four humans in one of those interior staterooms (the smallest in the cruise industry, at 119 sq ft.) is almost akin to torture. I was happy as shit not to have to share with anyone on my cruise last October. *whew*

Listening to this now. Wow!! Freaking loving it. Thank you iTunes. Think I'm turning into a dlfp convert. Getting it right away appeals to my compulsive nature. This album appeals to my Finnish metal nature with so many added elements. These guys are so clever and talented. So many different twists and riffs. I'm a happy and sated camper.

I loved all Tommy releases but this new one is their best. melodies are even more melodic, agression is still there, variety and all in all, just think it's the best one. Skyforger was in my top 5 too and this is better IMHO.

I'm just amazed at both at their productivity and quality since Eclipse came out in 2006. 4 full lengths and one rework album in 5 years and all have been great.

My wife gave me the Beginning of Times for my B-Day Thursday. This weekend has been designated Amorphis Weekend because I intend to blast it, along with their previous two albums, loudly and proudly.

For my money, it doesn't get much better than Amorphis. Silent Waters and Skyforger were beyond brilliant. I've heard great things about Beginning of Times, so I'm eager to experience it for myself.

By the way, I'd love to see Amorphis return to PPUSA next year.

Amorphis - You I Need - offcial video by Nuclear Blast​

Last edited by a moderator: