Amp for Ns10's??

pipaguapique

Remember Me
Apr 2, 2010
Chihuahua, Mexico
www.jerryordonez.com
so, i bought a REALLY nice pair on ebay today...now...the amp...

1 Bryston 3 (i know lots of studios have these)
2 Hafler (tried the Ns10's for the first time with one of these, everyone hates them)
3 Yamaha P 2200 (the same as CLA) but it's 220V??cant use with 110V? $500!!?
4 Perreaux (don't know much about these yet...they look like home audio) yeah, i know, that's what the yamahas are...
5 Quad 405 I think Joshua W has one...i think...
6 Crown DC 300A (cheap)

everyone says a good amp is crucial for getting the most out of your speakers, any recommendations??

Bryston will be the best, but I LOVE my Hafler... Don't know why anyone would hate them. They are priced well and perform well. Hell, mines antique age and has no issues at all.

Bottom line is, if you have the money get the Bryston. On a budget, get a Hafler.

Bryston will be the best, but I LOVE my Hafler... Don't know why anyone would hate them. They are priced well and perform well. Hell, mines antique age and has no issues at all.

Bottom line is, if you have the money get the Bryston. On a budget, get a Hafler.

yes indeed
or if you're really skint, the yamaha or a samson servo will do for now.

got a samson servo here. it does what it is supposed to.....;-)
although i don´t use my ns10s very often. just to double check some volumes.

Flying mole. Not that I've tried them, I just think they look interesting and have an amusing name :)

Yea I did a lot of research and I guess they used some cheaper parts in Version II. Also I went with the Adcom 545 over the Crown D-75. I read a lot about how the Ns10's love the extra power and open up with it. Also under powering the Ns10's with amps like the D-75 helpes to blow tweeters and woofers when driven hard. I did the fuse mod on my speaker cable and I have never blew a fuse, so this amp has been great.

I'm just using regular speaker wire from radio shack. The fuse mod will effect your sound as well, but I learned on my ns10's with the fuse, so I don't know any different.