amp settings

xOrdinary_Storyx

shredder
Jan 24, 2004
deviltown NJ!
hey everyone. i just bought a 5150 off ebay, and it will be arriving within the next week and a half. i was wondering if anyone could give me some settings to get an in flames/arch enemy style sound, since i know they both use the 5150. thanks

do you have any idea what type of tubes are in it?

either way youll definately want to get those replaced, otherwise youll sound like your runnin a boss heavy metal distortion pedal (the really shitty one that barely has any distortion on it) through a clean channel on a mesa.

i have a 5150 with me and the tubes are in desperate need of changing. but as for settings go, i usually like to put the resonance and presence all the way up, and use more mids than highs. of course that might change when the new tubes are in but for now thats what works good for it.

First of all, get a trim pot in that amp and get it biased correctly to get rid of the buzzsaw distortion that seems to be so common about stock 5150s. I don't know if you're aware of this, but these amps are fixed bias in their stock form, and they come biased too cold from the factory, so they're not sounding as good as they should (at least until the bias is adjusted).

Indiooo said:
First of all, get a trim pot in that amp and get it biased correctly to get rid of the buzzsaw distortion that seems to be so common about stock 5150s. I don't know if you're aware of this, but these amps are fixed bias in their stock form, and they come biased too cold from the factory, so they're not sounding as good as they should (at least until the bias is adjusted).

hehe...guitars i know, amps...not so well