An Acoustic Cover

jeid

Terribad
Mar 9, 2009
Scotland
A band I worked with last year were playing in town on Friday and I asked if they wanted to come and record a song before they left on Saturday. We only had a couple of hours and knocked this out. It's a cover of a poppy/dancey song, rearranged on acoustic.

The guitar was a Freshman acoustic with reasonably new strings, with an Oktava MK-012 about 6 inches away, pointing at where the neck meets the body of the guitar into one of the RME pres.

Vocal was the first full take through. I think he got about 4 lines into his first take and then he did the lot. Mic was a Shure SM7B into the RME FF800 and I compressed it with my 1176.

The bass was my SX Precision with a Fender USA pickup into a Countryman Type 85.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3526809/HMC - SKELETON BOY MIX.mp3

Cool track and a good performance. I can hear a little more room sound than I would like but I still record in a crappy sounding bedroom so I can't say much, haha. Plus it does kind of adds to the live feel. Nice work. I like this a lot.

The magical powers of reverb. This was recorded in a bedroom that's 10ft by 9ft.

Thanks for taking a listen and for the comments, much appreciated.

Cheers