An actual Alexi Laiho impersonation competition!!111

What pisses me off is that the judges were apparently impressed by the winning kid's guitar playing when HE WASNT ACTUALLY PLAYING

He was (badly) mimicking playing to a direct audio rip of this one old finnish interview with Alexi. Which even if you didn't know where it was from, it was still obvious that the kid was just fucking faking it. Which is cool if the judges knew and just didnt care, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Whatever.

It was so obvious that I doubt they wouldnt've noticed..

He wasn't even playing the same notes. He could have at least learnt the fucking thing and mimed it decently.

That guy is fucking insane at guitar! he should join this tab thread. btw whats the deal with the guitar? from the vid description im guessing that it is an Alexi sig made by Jackson and exclusive to Finland

In fact yes it is. It's been made quite some time ago, and Laiho + Latvala designed it as a small signature line. Only 50 were made (or 60, I'm not 100% sure)
Never found real good pics and now all of the sudden it is fully featured in a video, which is awesome!

Latvala and Laiho never got any of those guitars, too, which is kinda lame. Basically it is an RR3 without neck pickup, has 24 frets and gold hardware. Bolt on too (which is a turn-off but hey it still looks awesome)

Fucking lame winner choice. First one I actually like it, yes he has it easier because he's really similar to Alexi, but still I think it was fun, and you can't say the car thing at the end isn't original or funny, as well as the "deleted scenes".

Although we knew how it'd end, it's sad to see what a shitty vid wins while guys like Lowberg or eveningninja did much better vids.

BY THE WAYZ0RZ Everyone want to see an RR/LL video? It was in between the entrys!
http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/3659/silent-night-bodom-night

Cool guy, he is a good player too yeah.

:lol:
how fucking fucked is that?

seriously fucked. everyone should write to them and complain. it's total bullshit imo. there were so many other vids that put in 10x the effort that kid did. and not to mention, they actually played and were better at impersonating.

awwww....when I read upstate NY, I thought it was Lowberg :(

Me too, and then I opened up the bulletin and was like... "k really, wtf is this..."

I wanted Lowberg or the "YAOW WOW" guy to win though.

Lowberg should've won, all these others are terrible.

Although we knew how it'd end, it's sad to see what a shitty vid wins while guys like Lowberg or eveningninja did much better vids.

Thanks guys <3
Oh well, wasn't expecting to win, and I had a lot of fun making the video