An attempt at Baltic Folk Metal

Rimantas B.

New Metal Member
Dec 8, 2009
Hello everyone and greetings from Lithuania!

I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, and I thought it might be the time to show something I've done.

Here's a recording of a band I write music, play bass and do the production stuff for. This is a metal (well, sort of) arrangement of a Lithuanian folk song.

Drums: recorded in a local studio, in an old school way - no triggers, no programming.

Vocals, guitars, bass: totally DIY@home

I've tried so many reamping solutions for the guitars, I don't even remember which I kept in the end :D Most likely it was Wagner MkII + some of GuitarHack's impulses (guitar ran direct into my Steinberg MI4 interface).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/275420/Aistvara - Maskoleli zalniereli.mp3

I am pretty sure there is much space for improvement, but somehow I don't know where to start, maybe someone here would have an idea.

Too old school recording, and weak production. I think it can be much better. This forum will teach you many things to learn.

All instruments sound weak in my opinion I would redo it again, performance can be improved, retrigger drums with drumagog, get other ampsims and spend time doing tries and tests.