First attempt at mic'ing an amp! Quiet a surprise too!

Cryo114

Jan 8, 2008
Kent, UK
I recently bought a secondhand Peavey Classic 30 (£280!) for the cleans and the rock. I didn't expect it to handle heavier tones so well. I tried it anyway and holy fuck it did a lot better than I expected, without anymore gain than the amp could give me.

I was impressed anyway, I've been pulling my hair out for years trying to get something good out of various amps sims, and this is just a breath of fresh air.

All of the guitars and bass are played through the c30 into an sm57 and into a toneport UX2.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7284537

If any of you could give me any pointers I'd really appreciate that! :headbang:

Cheers!

Hey Adam! Long time since you've posted here last time :)

The guitars could use some more low end as for my taste, but holy shit that bass sounds juicy! Great atmosphere as always, and theres some awesome soloing involved too! Really cool tune bro.

Hey man, I replied to your email you sent me a while back, did you get it?

Thanks for the comments too! Yeah, the low end is a bit on the weak side but the combo is open backed (it gets so hot it would probably burst into flames if it wasn't) and the low end is a bit on the loose side so I had the bass down to tame that a bit. I think this is probably my best solo yet! Cheers man!

that bass tone is really good
what did you use?

Thanks man!

The bass I played was a really cheap and cheerful Cruser bass! Through the Peavey Classic 30 and into an sm57.

I really like the song! And the guitar tone works pretty well..

Thanks a lot man, its not really high gain and to be honest its still got some clean twang to it but it its has some clear definition and well, that matters more to me. :)

yeah, the bass sounds kewl, but i wouldnt play bass thru a guitar combo unless you want to blow your speaker ;)

i would like to hear a clip with a boost in front with more bass :)

the classic is a good amp