Reamped a song through my Peavey Rockmaster

Sure dude! And yeah, I find MBC is the better bet when it's only certain things in a sound that create an unpleasant sound (in this case, palm mutes), rather than an omnipresent thing (where I prefer eq, I've tried MBC set to be constantly active to tame certain frequencies, but it usually ends up sounding...I dunno, weird, I can't explain it, but I don't care for it! :D)

And yeah, as for the snare, it's damn good, but I dunno, just a bit too snappy IMO; perhaps eq'ing some of the air out of the verb, or just bringing down the mix slightly; I dunno, I'm not too experienced with working with snares/verb, so I can't give too many definite suggestions, unfortunately! Oh, and also, the whole mix feels just a touch muddy IMO; pretty sure it's mainly those palm mutes on the guitars, so some woof-taming MBC (sneap-style :D) taking off like 4 dB would probably help there too! But yeah, overall, kickass dude, I love that reverse 'verb fade-in on the shouting vox, really heightens the heaviness of transition!

Thanks for the comments Marcus! I did try a TOUCH of multiband compression in a very narrow range around 6k and I think it helped a lot in taming that 'chink chink' sound in the guitars. I replaced the original file which was probably a mistake since now you can't A/B them.

I have not addressed the muddiness yet so that will be next. One question about Sneap's low mid multiband compression method. Do you guys compress so there's 2-4 dbs reduction all the time with a soft knee, or 2-4 dbs reduction on hard palm mutes only with a hard knee? Also, do you apply makeup gain, or just keep the low mids sucked out?

EDIT: I just replaced the file with new guitars that have some low mid multiband compression to fix the muddiness. I did about 4dbs gain reduction on palm mutes.

Cool dude, I'll check it out tomorrow (parents are asleep, and I don't wanna have to ask my Mom where she is and what condition she's in :D) - but yeah, with palm mute taming, I always set the MBC (ReaXComp in my case) threshold to only compress when the palm mutes occur; otherwise it does nothing (and I control the amount of gain reduction by adjusting the ratio). And no make-up gain here, I'm trying to lower the gain/intensity of those "whoomp-y" palm mutes, after all! In fact, when I first started using ReaXComp, I was wondering what the fuck was wrong with it, as no matter how high I set the ratio, the "whoomp" remained - until I realized "auto make up gain" is enabled by default :Smug: I guess the logic there is it assumes people are gonna use it like a compressor (for dynamic reduction), whereas I use it more like a sidechained eq! (and thus I leave the Knee at 0, which is the default and what I assume is maximum hardness, tee hee :D)

I combine the Rockmaster with a Mesa Quad on modest settings ch.2 lead and it is the best of everything in sound IMO. So it does combine well just make sure the modeler or other preamp is much lower than the Rockmaster. A lot of guys (off hand thinking Shawn Lane) combine amps and preamps to get their sound.

I combine the Rockmaster with a Mesa Quad on modest settings ch.2 lead and it is the best of everything in sound IMO. So it does combine well just make sure the modeler or other preamp is much lower than the Rockmaster. A lot of guys (off hand thinking Shawn Lane) combine amps and preamps to get their sound.

Cool pointless thread necromancy dude.