An Evening with Dream Theater

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
is TONITE!!! The Pantages Theater a wonderful old theater that holds 2691 and Dream Theater will do 2 sets with one intermission. Cannot wait for the day to end. Here's a pic of the interior... I saw the Lion King play there and it was amazing! Will post a review on Sunday.
PantagesInterior.jpg

Damn , that looks like a nice place !! And Dream Theater, one band I really would love to see once... ENJOY !!!

I hate you K!

May you have one big night and scream a bit for me too. Full report on my desk tomorrow ;)

Wow... I didn't know the theater was so beautiful! I am so gonna enjoy this :)

I leave for the northeast on the 28th for a few DT shows...and a little holiday. I'll be attending shows in Philly, Connecticut, Boston and the Radio City DVD shoot. They never come to Florida on their 'Evening With' tours, so I must go up north to see them. Can't wait.

Have fun at the show ladies!:headbang:

TheWhisper said:
I leave for the northeast on the 28th for a few DT shows...and a little holiday. I'll be attending shows in Philly, Connecticut, Boston and the Radio City DVD shoot. They never come to Florida on their 'Evening With' tours, so I must go up north to see them. Can't wait.

Have fun at the show ladies!:headbang:

i expect to see a sign on the dvd that says UMOS RULES!!!!:headbang: You have fun at all your shows, will try and get a review up on Sunday.

OMG!! What an amazing show! In the beginning the vox were turned a bit low but by the 4th song it was good and loud. At some points a bit too loud as distortion and echo came in on a couple songs. They played for about 3 hours and DT was on fire, crowd was great, just a few peeps who got upset that we would stand up and rock out to some of their heavier songs...oh well.. Here's the set list, they've changed it up a bit from some other shows, so those who are seeing multiple shows should have a few surprises of thier own. Enjoy!

SET 1:
Root of All Evil
Majesty Demo (dont know the name)
A Fortune In Lies
Take the Time
Mirror
Lie
Raise the Knife (FII Demo)
Strange Deja Vu
About to Crash Reprise->
Losing Time/Grand Finale

SET 2:
As I Am
These Walls
I Walk Beside You
Sacrificed Sons
Octavarium

ENCORE:
Sheep (pink floyd cover)
Wait For Sleep->
Learning to Live (big improv solo section in the middle)

Sounds like you ladies had a good time.:headbang:

Nice set list. The Majesty song that they've been playing is called 'Another Won'. Can't wait for the end of the month to get up to the NE and see a few shows. There will be some PP forumers at the NY show, so I hope to see a few of them.

The Floyd song in the encore is very cool. They played 'Highway Star' in Mexico, I think, as an encore.

Most interesting setlist a bit of everything of their career and I see they have a lot of confidence in their newer material (as it should be).

No 'Pull Me Under', no 'Metropolis', no 'Voices', which could be a risk with certain fans but it demostrates the band goes beyond the expected.

And 'Sheep' after 'Octavarium' is a great choice IMO since the latter has a lot of PF flavor and signs the good return of the band to prog after TOT.

:headbang: Kitty and Pabla

Excellent. I'll be at the show in CT, and I'm TRYING VERY HARD to get a connection to get me tickets to the Radio City tapeing. I must attend that show!

SavaRon said:
Nice set-list. Can't wait until The New York show! Only a few more weeks.:headbang:
Ron, where are you sitting at the RCMH show? I'll be in Orch 6 - Row QQ. Looks there will be quite a few PP/UMOS forumers at this one.

We got our tickets late so we're up in the third balcony. Should still be a good view and excellent sound. Hope to see ya up there. I'll PM you when the date gets closer!:headbang: :kickass: