AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE, April 20, 2004

Like a previous announcement, we would have preferred to break the news to the fans, first. You are getting the official statement right here!

Testament and Steve Smyth have amicably parted ways and both sides remain good friends. Testament would like to wish Steve all the best in his future endeavors, and Steve would like to thank Testament for a memorable five years he will always cherish.

The band has been continuing work on pre-production for the next album, as well as making preparations for the upcoming tour in June. We will have another official announcement soon, so keep checking back.

I guess Nevermore will make an announcement if it's true, right? I don't believe anything until I hear it straight from the band.
Yeah you are correct...one must never trust it until one hears it straight from the horses mouth...:)
Wonder who the Testament boys will get as a replacement? thanks for the info, TL! :)

Glen Alvelais id the Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
James Murphy would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex re joining the band would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, even though he looks like a teacher lol