An update on "The History of Metal"

USMC0341

Dead Cold Day
Apr 23, 2004
NY
www.deadcoldday.com
Hey all...just a quick update:

As some of you may remember, maybe a year ago - someone posted a link to an article regarding a documentary Banger Productions was shooting on the history of Metal. They were taking requests from fans to get screened for interviews etc in a bunch of the major sities and shit.

Anyway - I managed to get selected to go down and talk to them in NYC and they decided to use me in the documentary.

Because of this, I have been in regular contact with ne of the producers and they are getting VERY close to the release date. I had to sign all the release forms and shit earlier this week. It should be out before the end of the year on the Sanctuary label. Not sure if it will be in theaters of just a DVD release...either way it promises to be a kick ass item.

I know that they interviewed a TON of bands and personalities from the Metal community and they also included a lot of fan footage and interviews, which I think is VERY important if you are doing a documentary on the history of any music, let alone Metal.

I know there was talk about releasing a double CD collection with the DVD, but i don't have any confrmation on that right now.

As soon as I hear anything new - I will be sure to let you know.

JB

Very cool!! I was thinking about this the other day, wondering when it was coming out. Please keep us up to date Marine.

Semper Fi! Great news Marine, please keep us posted.

Hey Marine, so which shirt did you end up wearing? If I remember correctly it was between Killers, some Metallica one and Children of Bodom... I still voted Killers, I think.

I had no idea they were working on this. Sounds excellent!

Speaking of Metal Documentaries, whatever happened to "Get Thrashed"?

zeppelin said:
Hey Marine, so which shirt did you end up wearing? If I remember correctly it was between Killers, some Metallica one and Children of Bodom... I still voted Killers, I think.

For the initial interview, it was between wearing a Maiden "Killers" shirt and a Metallica "Lightning" shirt - I went with Killers for the initial interview.

For the second interview...I wore a Lamb of God shirt. I was gonna wear my Killers shirt again, but I thought that might be tacky - and it was also dirty at the time.

JB

USMC0341 said:
I know that they interviewed a TON of bands and personalities from the Metal community and they also included a lot of fan footage and interviews, which I think is VERY important if you are doing a documentary on the history of any music, let alone Metal.
JB

That sounds pretty cool. Kinda like a "Decline and Fall of Western Civilization Part II..." only with fan participation. Better fans and bandmembers than some talking head critic type.