Anacrusis ...THIS MEANS YOU!!!!

Hawk said:
Well that the great thing about this band O Ye Wicked One :) This band is so diverse that you can pick and choose what you like.

O Ye Wicked One...i like that. :)

Yeh, they seem to be one of those bands. I think they did the heavy as fuck, brutal but complex full on thrash thing very well, as documented on their early stuff. I also don't really care for the guitar tone for Manic Impressions or Screams and Whispers. So much, that it actually distracts me from the music. I hate to say that, as it makes me sound picky, but i can't help it.

Wicked Child said:
O Ye Wicked One...i like that. :)

Yeh, they seem to be one of those bands. I think they did the heavy as fuck, brutal but complex full on thrash thing very well, as documented on their early stuff. I also don't really care for the guitar tone for Manic Impressions or Screams and Whispers. So much, that it actually distracts me from the music. I hate to say that, as it makes me sound picky, but i can't help it.

Yeah, I think I'll speak out and say that "Manic Impressions" and "Screams and Whispers" are hated with every fiber of my being. Very weak, wiffleballed "progressive" Metal with paper thin production and a terrible vocalist.

I like "Suffering Hour" because it's a pretty good Thrash album with some surprisingly unique moments. The follow up, "Reason," is just a boring mess.

JonnyD said:
if this thread Reached one person who didnt know them I am happy! glad you Like em TSO!!!!!!!! they are a very cool band!
BE HAPPY, JD! This is the second night in a row that I've played Anacrusis to my extreme enjoyment. I dl'd Manic Impressions as well. From first impressions I like Screams a tad better. Still have to check out the earlier albums, but if they are less progressive I probably won't like them as much.

Jean-Pierre said:
Yeah, I think I'll speak out and say that "Manic Impressions" and "Screams and Whispers" are hated with every fiber of my being. Very weak, wiffleballed "progressive" Metal with paper thin production and a terrible vocalist.

I like "Suffering Hour" because it's a pretty good Thrash album with some surprisingly unique moments. The follow up, "Reason," is just a boring mess.

Can't say i really HATE those albums, but let's just say their not exactly favorites of mine. I agree with you that the production is very thin. I'll also say that at points, it feels like they're just trying too hard to be different and prog just for the sake of being different and prog, and as a result, it sounds forced and contrived. With that said, i do like "Something Real" from Manic Impressions and parts of "Still Black".