Anacrusis

EerieVon

Dec 4, 2006
Syracuse, NY
Don't know how many Anacrusis fans are out there but just wanted to let those that like them know that their entire catalog, including a remixed Manic Impressions(Ken Nardi is working on a Screams and Whispers remix) is up for free download. Also is avail is Ken's solo record Cruel April

http://www.anacrusis.us

Sounds like you didn't finish what you meant to say.

Thier catalog is up for download. I guess they figured they'd rather that people had it rather than not...the discs went out of print long ago, meaning they aren't really getting any money for it anymore.

"Screams & Whispers" is the one album I thought didn't need much of an overhaul. All the others need it more than that one, though it is the more accessable (listenable) of the 4 they put out. Great band.

Sounds like you didn't finish what you meant to say.

Thier catalog is up for download. I guess they figured they'd rather that people had it rather than not...the discs went out of print long ago, meaning they aren't really getting any money for it anymore.

"Screams & Whispers" is the one album I thought didn't need much of an overhaul. All the others need it more than that one, though it is the more accessable (listenable) of the 4 they put out. Great band.

Thanks, fixed it--how easily ones mind gets distracted.

I emailed Kenn Nardi(original singer and guitar) about this and he said the only session recordings for is Manic and Screams

Coolness! I dug out Manic Impressions a few weeks ago and was thinking "this is great but the sound is lame". I hope the remix kicks ass...

Cool ... what an underrated band. I NEED to have "Screams and Whispers" on my shelf .. love that album but I haven't been able to get it though all these years (yeah, the lazyness factor has certainly something to do with it). I don't see the need for a remix, though.

oddly enough, their CDs were always in the bargain bin whenever I looked for used stuff. I figured they blew since their album covers were sort of lame and they were always there amidst pretty crappy stuff, but now I keep reading how they forged a gap between thrash and death and progressive metal, so I gotta check em out.

unfortunately, if they had some killer artwork on their covers I would have delved in a lot sooner.

I dont know how I got into them back in the day, but I remembering hearing I love the world and thinking how different and good it was. Very underrated band, never got the credit they deserved

This is great news. I've been a fan since their first album and saw them at a tiny club in NJ a looong time ago. Grossly underrated band. Thanks for the heads up.

I dont know how I got into them back in the day, but I remembering hearing I love the world and thinking how different and good it was. Very underrated band, never got the credit they deserved

Hahaha! Awesome ... thats exactly how I got into that band too! :kickass:

same song, same thought ... went out and bought the tape (yup) the next day

Along with Mekong Delta, Coroner and Toxik my favorite Techno-Thrash band. Hugely underrated/overlooked.

Coroner is another that I loved back then. The bad thing about those bands was the local record stores wouldnt carry anything by them or Anacrusis ( and a few others besides that)--more or less they would stock more mainstream thrash, I always had to either go up to the indie record store by Syracuse University or order them from one of the ads in Metal Maniacs or Aardshock America