Analogue Console Fans....Post your dream mixing console!

_Brutalism_

May 14, 2008
So, I know many people are working inside the box nowadays, using high quality converters and maybe an external controller in synch with the software due to being cheaper and more ergonomically efficient, but I always dreamed of having a fully fledged mixing console to work on.

Till now I've got my sights on this:

http://www.audient.com/audient/product/asp8024#tabs-tabset-3

Got many good reviews, it looks great (imo), and from what I've gathered is more affordable than other brands I've searched for.

A 24 channel of this console is roughly 20k Euros; thinking of buying this instead of a new car in the future :headbang:

I know these things are hardly feasible anymore, especially when the studio I'll be having won't be bringing in many clients due to the size of my country and the amount of bands here....but reality aside, what are , or were, your dream mixing consoles for owning (no 120-channel SSL's please, unless you're loaded :lol:)

Apart from seeing some great desks, I also hope to learn new brands I should consider which might be cheaper/more apt for my future cause.

I have used the ASP8024 a bit in my school (and an idetical in another studio).
10837_360575565110_885685110_9928966_485918_n.jpg

I can't compare it to other analogue consoles, but I really like the EQ (and the preamps aswell).

Wow man that's awesome. Where are you attending?
Also, what's your opinion on the sturdiness of knobs, faders and general materials? Thanks!

SSL G - stereo buss compressor was amazing, same with channel eq's and internal buss routing was piece of pie
SSL K - extremely clean desk, really digged the modded channel stripswe had that had SSL G eq and compressors

n543431801_1526116_5183.jpg

Loved that console!...:worship: only got to work on it a few times before we sold it and moved and bought SSLC200s instead....:zombie:

Wow man that's awesome. Where are you attending?
Also, what's your opinion on the sturdiness of knobs, faders and general materials? Thanks!

Music- and Soundproduction in the University of Skövde (very much emphasis on music rather than sound).
The console is beeing used alot and the knobs seems to work great. The longfader is actually pretty comfortable to drag around :saint:

My dream would ofc be a SSL 4000.

I have 2 dreaming consoles but only one is reliable with modern day session:erk::lol:

Neve 8068 and SSL 4K G or G+

But look at this beast:
328.jpg

SSL 4032 with G computer:headbang:

@C_F_H_13: with or without R Staub?:lol:
Btw any pics from your studio (didn't find any info here and on gearslutz)?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
when... when you said SSL and Vancouver... i thought..
yeah

@C_F_H_13: amazing control room man, Neve room for tracking and SSL room for mixing. Best of both world imo.
I know answer would be obvious but that E serie SSL have G computer upgrade?
A dreaming place to work;)

Btw, I have a little workflow question for you since you are used to work on 4k.
When you use desk automation, do you use VCA or ultimation?

@C_F_H_13: amazing control room man, Neve room for tracking and SSL room for mixing. Best of both world imo.
I know answer would be obvious but that E serie SSL have G computer upgrade?
A dreaming place to work;)

Btw, I have a little workflow question for you since you are used to work on 4k.
When you use desk automation, do you use VCA or ultimation?

Yeah it's got a G computer. And I use VCA only cause none of the SSL's I work on have Ultimation.