Analogue Console Fans....Post your dream mixing console!

bet you LOVE recalling the ssl
;)

yeah recalling is pretty brutal. The E series doesn't have total recall, so the assistant has to take pretty detailed pics and notes. But the G series does and it only takes about 20 minutes, and generally the assistant does that too. I have however had to do my fair share and it's pretty boring and your back kills after.

Biggest ive used

48 Fader D Command beast

boomroom.jpg

Those things are a lot of money for a bit of plastic lol

EDIT: id give me left nut to use that SSL at Warehouse. Now THAT is a fucking desk!

We had an old analogue Studer at the old place:

5f95c0dfdb.jpg

But when we moved, we ditched the PT HD rig along with the Studer for a Logic set-up and a digital 16 fader DHD board.

yeah recalling is pretty brutal. The E series doesn't have total recall, so the assistant has to take pretty detailed pics and notes. But the G series does and it only takes about 20 minutes, and generally the assistant does that too. I have however had to do my fair share and it's pretty boring and your back kills after.

Don't forgot TR wasn't a cheap option (only standard on G+ classic). This option doubled the console price (still true with used market btw).:lol:

I don´t think I´d buy a console but this thing looks very interesting IMHO.

TreeAudio500Loadedsmaller.jpg

It is a console from tree audio based on the API 500 series, so you can fully customize it.

I have a love/hate relationship with analogue consoles. There's something I really like about working on them, some sort of natural, relaxed feeling, but on the other hand I hate doing recalls. I guess I'm spoiled by the easiness of loading up a ProTools session, pulling the snare just a bit lower and bringing the vocal delay up, bouncing a new version, sending it to a client and continue working with another project in less than ten minutes total :)

As far as realistic dream consoles go, I'd like to try out one of the better Ameks. Something about them kinda excites me.

I don´t think I´d buy a console but this thing looks very interesting IMHO.

TreeAudio500Loadedsmaller.jpg

It is a console from tree audio based on the API 500 series, so you can fully customize it.

Tonelux do better job with similar concept but for same size nothing can't beat a RN 5088 (ok isn't the same price):lol:

Anyone know any estimated prices for SSL consoles with varying sizes?

a 72 channel ssl g+ sold in town a while back for 80,000. If You look around you can get a 48 channel e/g series for probably 40-50,000.

But then factor in about 1200-2400 a year in power, and 5-10,000 a year in maintanance.

Anyone know any estimated prices for SSL consoles with varying sizes?

I don't want to start a typical GS tragedy post about SSL but you need to know some fact before. And you can trust me, I plan to buy a G serie in 5years so I did some massive research (and I live side has a large SSL studio Polygone studio).

You can find different size and short load frame (24
for exemple). Popular demand ar 4048frame so if you have a huge CR choose a 4048 load on a long frame for cheaper price.
E serie are cheaper but can cost a lot for get G computer upgrade.
TR double the cost, same with ultimation.
You can run a 4040 with only one suply (and of course ad computer suply)
But you can get a nice 4032 with G computer for 37K. Ad 10k for comisionning the beast (instalation, patching, ssl tech for computer)
Btw you need a machine room and proper HVAC for cooling the board and PSU...etc.
Maintenance isn't that bad but can be really heavy for lot of people here:lol:
It's like a Ferrari or a big boat;)
But if you can affor all the cost seriously do it:headbang:
Btw everything I said was the whole picture but feel free if you want more detail;)

If you are in us:
http://www.deskdoctor.com/
http://www.primalgear.com/index.html

If you are in EU:
http://www.peterduncan.com/
http://www.recycledaudio.co.uk/index.php